Stay with me forever Mama

Age: 20
Word count: 1129
Summary: Alenas first big performance singing ... just that someone is missing.

Singing.

Some people find solace in the soothing words they sing, others find strength in the melodies they hum.

Others again love the way they can express their emotions through the form of art.

And some do it just for fun.

For Alena, singing was something she'd always enjoyed. She first started as a little kid, just repeating the songs her mom sang to her.

When she grew up, she started singing professionally. It started as an extra curricular at school but snowballed into getting taught by a vocal coach and later into singing at small events like weddings or family gatherings.

The 20 year old loved the way it made her feel. Whenever she thought about the lyrics she sang with passion, a feeling that she couldn't describe filled her.

Today was her first ever performance for a bigger crowd and it was save to say she was proper nervous about it.

Alena stood behind the curtain, where she could see the crowd but they couldn't see her. She scanned the sea of people for her family.

Her heart leapt in joy as she saw her dad, Yelena, Thor, Clint, Bruce, Wanda, Peter, MJ, Ned, May, Sam and Bucky sitting in the third row, but her smile dropped when her eyes reached the empty seat beside Steve.

The 20 year olds lips turned into the allto familiar frown she'd only managed to ban from her face a few months ago.

That seat was supposed to be Natashas. She'd been so excited to hear her daughter sing in a theatre for the first time that they'd bought the seats well before the whole time heist and fighting thanos thing happened ... Before Vormir happened.

Alenas gaze lingered at the empty seat, wishing for the chance of seeing her mother sit there, excitedly staring at the red curtain hiding the stage.

She wished she could look into Natashas face once more, she wished for only one more conversation, hell, even one more 'I love you' would do it.

The 20 year old inhaled sharply and took a step back. Her eyes were glossed over.

,,Hey, you alright?"

Alenas vocal coach, who seemingly appeared out of nowhere, inquired. The short, curly headed woman's face held slight concern for her student.

,,Yea ... yea I'm fine"

The redhead responded, needing to swallow hard to suppress her tears.

She looked down to her hands, fidgeting with her hourglass ring. The matching necklace weighed heavy on her chest.

,,Just thinking about my mom"

Alena admitted, once more swallowing down her urge to cry as her baby blue eyes met the ones of her vocal coach.

The woman placed a comforting hand on her student's shoulder, giving her an encouraging smile.

,,She's so proud, Alena"

She assured, her eyes radiating comfort.

Alena wasn't able to hold eye contact as that was her breaking point. Everything came crashing down on her all at once.

,,How much longer til I'm on?"

The redhead inquired, trying to keep it together. If she was gonna let her emotions get the best of her, she was at least gonna put it into the song she was about to sing.

Her vocal coach checked her wrist watch and announced:

,,You got 5. Are you sure you're okay?"

,,Yea I'm fine. I'll do this for Mama. I'll make her proud"

Alena nodded, her voice now determined, although a little bit shaky, but only to the point where Nat could've told. But she wasn't there.

One more encouraging smile from her vocal coach and Alena was on. She entered the stage, hesitant but her gaze focused on her family.

She had to do this right, had to make them proud. Had to make her mom proud.

So, when her intro started, she just decided to close her eyes and blend everything around her out.

As Alena started singing, her mind started wandering.

The memory of her mom and her on the playground started playing in her head. She remembered this day clearly.

There hadn't been a single cloud in the sky and she was happy. She was giggling and hugging Natasha, oblivious to the fate that time brought for them.

Another memory entered her mind. It was mid blip, Natasha was working a lot, trying to figure out how to cope and how to move on. That day, Alena somehow got her to go outside in the pouring rain.

Alena remembered how she was dancing and spinning, all while it rained down hard, but she didn't feel cold. She remembered her Mom's small smile and how she shook her head, while secretly being amused.

Everything reminded her of Natasha, wherever she went, she managed to find something.

And that's when she realised something. Her mom never really left her. As long as there were still things to remember her by or memories to tell about her, Natasha Romanoff wouldn't ever be gone.

Alena opened her eyes halfway through the second chorus, her gaze fixated on the empty seat that was supposed to her Natashas.

,,You took the best of my heart"

She sang, a hand clasped over her heart. Truth was, she had to focus hard on not breaking down.

,,And left the rest in pieces"

Alena let ger gaze wandered over the crowd. Lots of people were crying and holding hands as her presentation was more heartfelt and emotional than most of them had ever heard.

The way she sang told a story. Her story. The pain and desperation in her voice touched people.

And then, the 20 year old reached the end of her song. She dragged out the last note, before stepping away from the microphone.

Silence filled the room, before the crowd absolutely lost it.

Alena sought the eyes of her dad, who, just like her, had tears in his eyes.

The crowds claps and cheers rang in her ears, almost muffled. She did it. This was what she'd been dreaming about.

,,Я сделал это, мама (i did it, Mama)"

She whispered, her gaze directed at the sky, which painted the most beautiful sunset in a while.

It was almost as if it was Natasha's way of telling her daughter that she was proud of her...

A/N: I'm not crying, you're crying! This is one of the most emotional one shots I've written in a while and it took me a lot of mental strength to do so. Still, I think it turned out alright :,)
I hope you enjoyed this really sad one, where Nat didn't survive, bc ... Well bc it can't always be sunshine and rainbows.
Regardless, have a great day/night and I'll see you around, my beautiful people. Stay amazing <33