,,I'm so proud of you, little light"

Age: 17
Word count: 734
Summary: Alena graduates high school, making Natasha a little bit emotional.

,,свет (light), are you almost ready?"

Natasha asked, knocking on her daughters door.

It was the day of Alenas high school graduation and it was save to say she was proper nervous about it.

She had a whole future lined up for her, having an apprenticeship with Tony and already three offers from different avengers to properly join.

But today, she didn't feel as confident as she was just a few days ago.

Instead, she was scared for her future, scared to loose her friends and scared to get older.

So, Alena stood in front of her mirror, her baby blue dress going hand in hand with her eyes.

She was fidgeting with her loosely curled, auburn hair, staring at herself, lost in her own thoughts.

,,Милая девушка? Вы в порядке?(Sweet girl, you alright?)"

Natashas voice cut through the silence softly as Alena saw her reflection joining her own.

,,Да, чуть-чуть... ностальгия (Yea, just a little ... nostalgic)"

The younger redhead admitted, swallowing hard to keep the tears down.

Her Mom's expression softened at the sight of her, all grown up and ready to live life.

,,Знаешь, это нормально бояться (You know, it’s okay to be scared)"

She whispered, standing next to the 17 year old.

Alena nodded, though swallowing hard. She had no idea how she was gonna manage not seeing MJ and Ned everyday, or how she wasn't gonna be able to give smartass answers to her teachers anymore.

All that really did weigh heavy on her heart but the hardest part was probably knowing that with her high school graduation, her childhood ended.

Natasha turned her daughter away from the mirror. She cupped her face, examining the facial features she recognised all too well in herself.

The blue eyes radiated fear but also excitement, even though the owner didn't know it just yet.

,,I'm so, so proud of you, my perfect, beautiful little light"

The assasin breathed, her own eyes growing glossy now. The fact that her little girl was all grown up now hit her like a moving train at full speed.

Alena sniffled, the realisation of adulthood hitting in hard now.

She let herself melt into her Mom's embrace, burying her face in her shoulder.

,,I'm scared"

The redhead admitted, her voice muffled by the fabric of Natashas shirt.

Natasha cupped her daughters face, gently forcing her to look into her eyes.

,,Don't be. детка свет (baby light), you're the bravest person I ever met. You've been through so much in your 17 years of life. More than most kids your age"

She assured, smiling reassuringly. Her gaze was sincere, her emerald eyes not breaking eye contact with the baby blue ones.

Alenas eyes started getting glossy. Her lips curled into a frown as she tried not to cry.

,,Я так сильно тебя люблю (I love you so much)"

The 17 year old sniffled, hugging her mom tight.

,,Я тоже тебя люблю, мой храбрый маленький свет (I love you too, my brave little light)"

Natasha responded, holding her not so little light tight. This hug was far more significant than every other one they had before.

For Natasha, it was as if she was letting her little girl go, accepting that her only daughter had grown into a brave, strong woman.

For Alena, it felt like she was letting go of her childhood. All the wonderful memories she got to make with her parents, every 'I love you', all of it gave her a feeling of strength and confidence in her future.

This new chapter in the book of life belonging to the Romanoff-Rogers family would bring lots of new memories and new adventures.

But for now, it was time for Alena to graduate. It was time to start a new chapter of her very own book. Write her own story. Be her own person.

And who knows how many of her own adventures she'd be telling her kids about in the future. Who knows?

A/N: Started this one around the time I graduated 10th grade and with it secondary school. Felt very emotional :,)
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this, I know many of you like the bond these two have and tbh, me too.
Have a great day/night and stay amazing. I'll see you around, my beautiful people <33