Next gen Romanoff-Rogers

Age: 25
Word count: 2748
Summary: Peter and Alena are expecting a baby. After nine long months, the next gen Romanoff-Rogers is finally ready to meet everyone who's gonna love them, just as much as their mother and father are loved.

3 months into pregnancy:

Alena had just told her parents that she was pregnant. For the first time in three months, it felt real to her. She was gonna have a baby.

Fortunately, both her parents had reacted well, both being very excited for their grandkid.

Now, the couple sat on their couch, Mila cuddled into Alena, the puppy's head rested on her slightly swollen stomach.

,,See, that went well"

Peter smiled at his redheaded girlfriend, who seemed lost in thought, just petting their dog.

Alena hummed in confirmation, her baby blue eyes meeting his chocolate ones.

,,You think we can do this? Like, on our own?"

She inquired, her gaze characterised by insecurity.

Peter smiled at her, before pressing an affectionate kiss to her lips. If he was honest, he wasn't sure, but they sure would try.

,,I dunno. Maybe we'll mess up, but that's gonna be okay too. I just know that we'll love this kid more than we'll ever know"

He assured, placing a hand on his girlfriend's small bump. She placed hers over his, squeezing it tightly.

4 months into pregnancy:

Alena woke up early that morning. More specifically, she'd been waking up early for the past 3 weeks.

Up until her third month of pregnancy, she hasn't had any morning sickness or weird cravings, but as soon as she entered the 12th week of her pregnancy, she'd been throwing up non stop.

Every little thing made her nauseous; her breakfast, Mila's food, the smell of Peter's cologne, even mac and cheese with hot sauce made her stomach churn.

The 25 year old redhead was hunched over the toilet, violently throwing up anything she'd been able to keep down. This sucked.

Alena leaned against the wall opposite the toilet, closing her eyes in annoyance. The whole world seemed to be spinning, that's how dizzy she was.

,,Light, you okay?"

Peter's voice asked from their bedroom. He sounded sleepy, as if he'd only just woken up.

,,Morning sickness sucks big time"

The redhead retorted, her voice full of desperation. All this was so overwhelming for her, so new, so ... different.

Seconds later, Peter slid down the wall next to her, bringing her into a comforting hug.

Once she'd calmed down a bit, he cupped her face, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

,,You are so strong, my love"

Kiss

"I love you"

Another kiss

"so much"

Looong kiss

"We can do this"

One more kiss

"I promise"

He looked at her, his eyes radiating nothing but love, affection and admiration for the woman he loved most in this world.