Swinging through the night pt.2

Age: 13
Word count: 782
Summary: Alena realises that what she said was wrong and goes to apologise to her Mom.

,,I'm home"

Alena yelled through the apartment, hours after she left.

Internally she cursed herself for shouting that through the apartment, considering the fact that she just left five hours ago without telling anyone.

,,And where have you been, young lady?"

Steve, who leaned in the doorway inquired.

,,I uhhh, I went to the store real quick"

She lied, praying to God that her dad would buy it.

Unlucky for her, the 13 year olds eyes began to flicker.

This was a dead giveaway that she was most certainly lying.

The worst thing about it, Alena didn't even notice when they did that, but her parents of course did, because her eyes had done that since she was two.

,,Alena"

,,Yea?"

,,Your eyes are flickering"

Steve informed his daughter, his gaze a mix of stern and amused.

Alena looked down to her feet. The floor had suddenly become very interesting.

,,Please don't tell Mama I was gone"

She pleaded, the guilt of their fight flooding back through her.

Her dad raised an eyebrow at her when she finally met his gaze again.

,,Go talk to her. This can be our secret if you apologise"

The supersoldier promised.

Alenas expression changed to even more guilty, if that was even possible.

,,I wanted to do that anyways"

She admitted quietly.

,,Then go. She's in our room. And Alena"

Steve encouraged, his gaze fixated on his daughter.

,,Yea?"

,,We love you. That's why we forbid certain things"

,,Got it"

Alena nodded and rushed off towards her parents bedroom, which was closed.

She knocked rather timidly, afraid of her mothers judgement.

,,Come in"

Natashas voice permitted.

For every other person it sounded normal, but Alena picked up on the shake in her Mom's voice.

The kind of shake it had when she cried.

Slowly, the 13 year old slipped into the room.

,,Mama?"

She asked, her voice only a whisper.

,,My answer was no five hours ago and if you ask again you can do dishes for the next two weeks, Alena"

Natasha responded, her voice held a seriousness that Alena heard rarely.

,,I wasn't gonna ask again..."

She admitted, slowly lowering herself onto the ned next to her Mom.

The older redhead turned to her daughter, giving her 'the' Natasha Romanoff gaze.

,,I'm sorry for pushing the limits"

Alena began, her gaze faltering under her mothers.

Natasha frowned slightly.

,,Do you know why I'm so protective over you?"

She inquired seriously.

,,Because there are bad guys out for me?"

Alena shrugged cluelessly.

While she knew that her mom escaped the redroom years ago, she didn't know the full story.

,,Well partly. You know, when I escaped, many people weren't ... happy about that, to be exact. There's one particular man who's out for a powerful weapon"

Nat started explaining, her eyes searching those of her daughters.

,,That weapon was me before I escaped. I was his strongest weapon and I know he'd give far to much to have such a weapon again"

She paused.

Alena frowned.

,,You know, he'd kill to have my child, aka you in his possession. He'd go to extreme lengths. Considering the fact that your dad is well, your dad, he sees you as the ultimate key to success"

Natasha finished her story, by the end her voice was only a whisper.

,,I uhh, I didn't know ... that. Look Mama, I'm sorry about what I said earlier"

Alena admitted sheepishly. She felt immensely guilty for all the hurtful words she said.

,,I love you and Dad so much and I'm so glad I can always talk about anything with you without judgement. That's great. You're the best Mom I could've asked for and I didn't mean any of what I said"

She rambled on, not letting her mother say a word.

,,Alena"

,,Yea?"

,,It's alright"

Natasha finally managed to say.

Her eyes were glossy but a slight smirk played on her lips.

,,You're not mad?"

Alena asked carefully.

,,Oh well you will be doing the dishes for the next week but no, not mad"

Her mother let her know in a matter of fact kind of way.

The 13 year old groaned as she let herself fall forward and into her Mom's lap.

,,Mama?"

,,Yea?"

,,Я тебя люблю (I love you)"

,,Я тоже люблю тебя, маленький свет (I Love you too, little light)"

A/N: Hello beautiful people I hope you're doing well. This one was requested by VickyMout , thanks for the request, I appreciate it.
Hope you like it, and have a great day/night.
See you around and stay amazing :)