When Alena falls in love

Age: 16
Word count: 883
Summary: Alena has been friends with Peter ever since they were in first grade. But ... feelings have changed and she's scared of it. So, she seeks comfort with her Mom

Alena loved Peter. She knew that ever since she got to know him in 1st grade.

She's always loved him, just not in the way she loved him now.

Because lately, every time he came around there was this feeling in her stomach.

Whenever their hands accidentally touched, she jumped and her heart leapt.

Whenever he made a joke she laughed harder than she did just a few years ago.

And whenever there was a girl flirting with him, she felt her heart clench and her face get hot.

It gutted her. She was so confused about everything.

After all, Peter had been her best friend, ever since she could think straight. It wasn't possible for him to suddenly be more, right?

So, she decided to confide in her mom. If she knew one thing, she knew that her mother was the person that could help her.

,,Mama? Can we talk for a moment?"

Alena asked, leaning against the kitchen counter.

Natasha was about to make herself some coffee, but something about her daughters tone of voice told her that something was bothering her.

,,Sure, we can talk. В чем дело? (Whats wrong?)"

She agreed immediately, setting down her mug.

Alena took a deep breath. She hated talking about her feelings. For some reason it made her feel like it was a weakness to show emotion.

,,Did you kill someone and need me to bury the body with you?"

Natasha asked, the concern in her voice growing minimally.

She always tried to teach her daughter that emotions aren't a weakness, but somehow, Alena still managed to pick up that habit.

,,Свет, we talked about this. Emotions are what makes us human"

The older redhead explained, hitting her with one of her 'mom looks'.

Alena rolled her eyes. Still, she wanted to talk about it. She knew if she didn't, she'd never get closure.

,,I know..."

She sighed, her hands cupping her neck.

,,I just don't know how to say it. I'm too confused to even know I'm sure about this"

The 16 year old groaned, rubbing her eyes.

Natasha approached her daughter, bringing her into an embrace.

,,You don't have to say anything you're not comfortable with, детка свет (baby light)"

She assured in a whisper, holding her only daughter tight.

Alena hid her face in the crook of her Mom's neck, extremely grateful for her.

,,I think I'm in love with Peter"

She finally admitted, her stomach clenching as she actually spoke the words.

Natasha looked at her, emerald meeting baby blue.

,,Like, really in love?"

She asked, a small smirk tugging at her lips. If she was honest, she'd suspected something for a while, she just didn't want to push for answers.

Alena shrugged.

,,I dunno, you tell me. My heart clenches whenever he tells me about girls he has crushes on, my stomach feels like it's full of butterflies whenever our hands touch accidentally, my mind goes all foggy when we get too close. I don't know!"

She listed off, her tone desperate and confused. Normally she wasn't ever unsure of anything, but this genuinely messed with her head.

Nat studied her daughter, patiently listening to everything she rambled on about.

,,Look, it's complicated, I know that. But, it's nothing to be scared of. Малышка (baby), this was bound to happen"

The older redhead assured, stroking the younger ones auburn waves.

,,I'm scared to ruin our friendship if I confess my feelings for him. And then I'd be scared to fuck up so bad he never wants to talk to me again"

Alena started rambling, resting her head against her Mom's shoulder. She hated this unsure state so much, she hated not knowing if Peter even felt the same.

Natasha listened to everything her daughter confessed, a small smile still present on her face.

,,Hey, it's okay. посмотри на меня, милая девочка (look at me, sweet girl)"

She cupped the 16 year olds face, gently caressing her cheek.

Alenas baby blue eyes met her Mom's emerald ones. While the blue ones radiated panic, the emerald ones were flodded with so much calmness that it overpowered the panic of the blue ones.

,,You, мой детка свет (my baby light), are the purest person I've ever met. You don't need to be scared, Peter isn't gonna insult you and tell you to fuck off"

Nat assured, her voice calm and soothing.

Alena crashed her head into her Mom's shoulder again, resting her forehead against it.

,,Я тебя люблю (I love you)"

,,я тоже тебя люблю, мой идеальный маленький свет (love you too, my perfect little light)"

A/N: Once again, timeline is all over the place, but that's the good thing about oneshots, am I right? I can do whatever tf I want ;)
I hope you enjoyed this one, I know you guys really like the bond Nat and Alena have and tbh, it makes me a little bit proud of myself to know I did a good job portraying them.
Anyways, have a wonderful day/night my beautiful people, I'll see you around. Stay amazing <3