Okay to be okay?

Age: 16
Word count: 1470
Warnings: Mentions of Self harm, suicide attempt and bad mental health
Summary: One of Alenas friends had been struggling greatly with her mental health, up to the point of self harm. One night, she gets a phone call from said friend. Natasha overhears her daughter pleading and decides to talk to her about it.

It was the middle of the night and up until 2 minutes ago, Alena had been sleeping peacefully. That changed the minute one of her closest friends, Isabella, called, crying and mumbling about wanting to end it all.

So, now the 16 year old redheads mission was to talk her out of it, praying to God she'd listen.

,,Izzy please, you don't have to do that. Video call me right now! I need you to look at me"

She pleaded, her own eyes blurry with tears. The last past months had been rough for Isabella and Alena had been listening to it all. She'd tried everything in the book for her to get healthy again, to pull her out of the dark hole she'd fallen into.

Sadly, that wasn't all too easy when she herself was doing fine. Alena felt guilty about it, since in the heat of the moment, she'd had to listen to insults being thrown her way about how she had everything she wanted.

The phone gave the signal that Isabella had hung up, cutting through the silence like a knife.

,,No, Izzy please call me back. Don't do anything stupid, please, I'm begging you"

Alena mumbled to herself, staring at her phone with tears in her eyes. She didn't know what she'd do if one of her closest friends would go through with the horrible thing she planned to do.

The 16 year old dialled the girls number, this time videocalling. She mumbled silent prayers for her to answer.

Seconds later, the blonde answered. She looked horrible, to say the least. Knees pulled up to her chest, the long blonde hair messily tied into a bun. Her cinnamon coloured eyes had lost the spark they once held and were bloodshot.

It quite literally broke Alenas heart to see her friend like this.

,,Izzy look at me"

She asked of her friend as she noticed her gaze drifting off into nothingness. This wasn't good, she knew that. She'd seen her go through that too many times and every time it got worse than before.

The blonde took a deep breath before meeting Alena's eyes.

,,Do you need me to come over? Just say something, I'll be right here"

Alena inquired, staring intensely at her screen. She couldn't forgive herself if something happened to Izzy and she could've prevented it by merely being there.

,,No, don't. I don't wanna bother you"

Isabella answered, her voice weak and broken,

,,Just let me go"

That was the point where all alarms went off in Alena's head. She knew this was serious and judging her friend's state, she knew she'd taken something.

,,Izzy, did you take a pill?"

She asked, her voice growing more concerned the longer she thought about it. This would explain the slow and slurred way the blonde spoke and the trance like staring. Isabella was on the brink of leaving this world forever.

And then she hung up the second time. That's when Alena bolted. She scrambled to get her shoes on, halfway out the door, when she saw a figure standing in the doorway out of the corner of her eye. Her mother.

Natasha had been observing quietly, thinking the young redhead was merely in the kitchen to get a snack, but when she put on her shoes and a jacket, she shouldn't help but step in.