Jealousy? (Julia belle pt. 3.5)

Age: 15
Word count: 881
Summary: After Peter met Alenas new girlfriend, they get into a huge fight, revealing things neither had dared to speak about up to this point

,,Are you out of your mind, Peter Parker??"

Alena snapped as soon as she entered her best friend's room. If it weren't for him, she would've been at the movies with her girlfriend, but he behaved like an ass when he met her and stormed out, so here she was.

,,Whats your problem, Alena?"

Peter seethed back, his gaze darker than the redhead had ever seen it. He was really pissed and it showed.

,,Whats my-? You threw a tantrum like a fucking three year old and stormed out, because my girlfriend called me by my nickname"

She retorted, brows furrowed and frowning. This was so unlike him and she couldn't understand why he couldn't just be happy for her.

,,Nobody calls you Light, except your parents ... and me"

Peter argued, the last part of his sentence merely a barely audible whisper. Alena got the feeling that there was something bigger behind his behaviour.

She let herself fall onto her best friend's bed, defeated. The fact that he couldn't be happy for her hurt her more than she'd like to admit. But then again, was she really as happy as she claimed to be?

Sure, Julia was great and all that, but something just didn't feel right. She just didn't connect with her on the level she would've liked to, or imagined it. It was like the longer they stayed together, the more Alena realised that there was something holding her back from being completely happy in the relationship with the pretty girl.

,,You alright?"

Peter's voice cut through the silence that had broken over them, when Alena lost herself in her thoughts. She looked up, meeting his eyes, her own ones glossed over.

,,This isn't working, is it? We're too different"

She realised, her voice quiet and near breaking. Peter's eyes widened, panic filling the chocolate coloured depths they possessed.

,,What are you talking about?? You're my best friend, I cant ... not be around you"

He began, threatening to break into a ramble. His voice emphasised the panic his whole body already portrayed. The 15 year old was genuinely scared of what his redheaded best friend was implying.

Alena shook her head, lips pressed together as her frown deepened. She had to think about what to say, without accidentally revealing something she was too scared to admit to herself yet.

Peter sat next to her, taking one of her hands into his own. The redhead leaned on his shoulder, the tears now steaming down her face with the occasional sob.

That's when he understood who she was talking about. She wasn't implying that him and her weren't working, but much more that Julia and her weren't.

,,I don't get it, Peter. How can someone be so perfect but feel so wrong at the same time. I mean, she's everything I wanted, but it doesn't feel right ... like it does when we're together"

Alena sniffed, quickly wiping her tears. All this was so confusing, so much and so exhausting and if she was honest, the only time she felt at ease was at home .... or with Peter.

She felt like she had the connection she so desperately sought with Julia, with Peter. If she was completely honest with herself she was slowly falling out of love with the girl she'd adored for so long.

,,I don't want to be the one holding you back from being happy, light. I'm sorry for storming out like that, I really don't know what that was"

Peter finally spoke up, his whole body language shifted. His words sounded genuine, yet mixed with just the slightest hint of heartache, that even Alena couldn't pick up on in that moment. Somehow though, those words triggered both gratitude and that same heartache her best friend felt in that very moment.

,,Thanks, Peter, that means a lot"

She mumbled, hoping it would get better if she just forced herself to ignore that weird feeling.

He met her eyes, a small, encouraging smile on his lips. Alena stared into the depths of his eyes, threatening to get lost in them. She loved him, she knew that. What she didn't know though, was the way she loved him, even though every day it became all the more clear.

,,I love you, Light"

,,Love you too, Pete"

Those four words comforted both friends, even though neither of them knew just in what way the other meant it. For all their brains knew, their love was purely platonic, but their hearts just screamed everything neither were ready to admit yet.

Alena realised what she had to do though, that day. She had to be honest with Julia, had to figure out what this meant for their relationship. And most importantly, she had to consult Natasha to talk her through everything and give her the support she needed.

A/N: This part is pretty much unnecessary, but I wanted the drama and realisation on Alena's part :))
Anyways, one more part to go, any guesses where this is headed??
Okay, have a great day/night, beautiful people, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33