Day .... of being parents

Part two of 'pregnant with little light' (Requested by EveAngela9 )

Age: 1 day to 8 months
Word count: 2148
Summary: Being Parents isn't the easiest, Natasha and Steve realised that as soon as they had Alena. But, they wouldn't trade it for the world for all the sweet moments they got to have with their little miracle.

Day 1 of being parents:

Alena Lubov Romanoff-Rogers was born on a sunny day, in early August.

She enheired her mothers auburn hair (which she already had a lot of), her nose and mouth.

But, her big eyes were as blue as her fathers.

The family of three spent the day recovering, especially for Natasha and the newborn, it was very needed.

So it happened, that Steve held his tiny little daughter in his arms.

The small child was sleeping soundly, her face wearing a content expression.

Natasha was sleeping as well since Alena had decided it would be best to get out in the middle of the night.

Steve smiled fondly at his daughter.

If he was honest, he never thought he'd ever be a father.

So, if one thing was for sure, then it was that he would protect the small child in his arms until the day he died.

,,I promise I'll protect you, my little light. And if I die trying, that's okay. You're the best thing that ever happened to me"

The supersoldier muttered quietly as he gently shifted his arm, where the newborn was rested on.

Day 20 of being parents:

,,Shhh Alena, Mama just wants to sleep. Don't you wanna sleep too?"

Natasha desperately tried calming her daughter down.

The tiny redhead had been screaming and crying for the last two hours and of course, it was three in the morning.

Steve had offered many times to take over, but Natasha had stubbornly refused and insisted that he should go back to bed.

So here she was with her crying child in her arms, desperately trying to find our how to get her to sleep.

The assasin shifted her daughter to she was facing her, rather than having her rested on her shoulder.

,,Little light, you're alright. We're all alright. Shhh"

She tried soothing in a soft voice and the little redhead seemed to calm down a bit.

Gently, Natasha rocked her while slowly walking towards the rocking chair in Alenas nursery.

The small child's big blue eyes were still glossy, but she finally stopped crying.

,,There you are, мало света"

Natasha cooed, a fond expression lingering on her face.

Alenas eyes started to close. She was finally falling asleep.

The assasin quietly started singing a Russian lullaby while rocking back and forth in the chair.

Mother and Daughter fell asleep right there, one grateful for the peace and quiet, the other content in her mothers embrace.

Day 50 (1 ½ months) of being parents:

,,Ohh, she's so cute. Look at her, she looks just like her Mama"