Please wake up

Age: 15
Word count: 859
Summary: After a horrible accident involving Alena and Nat, Natasha goes into a coma, leaving Alena scared of what will happen

,,Alena No, I do not want to hear it"

Natasha stated calmly, her voice stern and her face portraying no emotion.

,,But Mama, it wasn't my fault. She started it"

Alena tried defending herself as her Mom started the car they were sitting in.

,,You punched a kid so hard she passed out. It doesn't matter if it was your fault, that kid could've been seriously hurt"

The older redhead recounted, now pulling out of the school parking lot.

The younger one frowned her arms crossed over her chest.

,,But she wouldn't stop. Mom, you have to-"

,,No. You messed up, Alena. She didn't punch you, did she? You did though and that's what makes it your fault"

Silence filled the car, the tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Natasha was very stressed, even though her face didn't show it.

Alena looked out of the window stubbornly, refusing to retreat or apologise.

Eventually though she decided to give defending herself another shot:

,,You know she started it, right? If anything, you should be mad at her for insulting your daughter"

Natasha rolled her eyes at her daughter.

Her head had been pounding as is, but Alenas backpack and the whole situation made it even worse.

,,Will you just shut up! We'll talk about it when we get home-"

She demanded, taking her eyes off the road for a split second before there was a loud screeching noise and everything went black.

Alena woke up in an ambulance. Her head was spinning and every inch of her body hurt.

She desperately tried remembering what the hell happened as she memories from before hit her.

Her eyes widened when she thought about how her mom was in the car with her.

,,Excuse me? Hello?"

She tried getting someone's attention when a woman who she assumed was a paramedic turned to her.

,,Miss, you're awake. We'll be at the hospital shortly. We notified your emergency contacts"

The woman informed, her dark eyes radiating warmth and a sense of calmness.

,,W-What about my mom? The woman with me in the car?"

Alena asked, her crystal blue eyes glossy in shock. She tended to cry when she got stressed or panicked.

,,She's not awake and as of now, we don't know when she will wake up. The only thing we can do is be patient"

The paramedic responded, now having a sort of sorry expression on her face.

,,Oh"

Was everything Alena could say.

...

When they arrived at the hospital, they checked both Alena and Natasha for any injuries.

Lucky for Alena, she had gotten away with a few scratches and a mild concussion.

Natasha on the other hand wasn't so lucky.

Steve and Alena were told that she had gone into a coma with a moderately low chance of waking up any time soon.

If she'd ever wake up was up to odds they couldn't determine. All they could do was hope for the best.

They could take Natasha home, where Alena spent most of the time crying beside her bed.

That's exactly what she was doing one late night after coming home from her singing lesson.

She'd taken up singing as an extracurricular as a joke, but at this point in time, it was probably the only thing bringing her comfort.

The redhead hugged her knees, her tear stained face buried into them.

It was late and if she was honest, she was madly tired, but she couldn't sleep for the life of her.

So, she started humming a song she'd been blasting on end, hoping for her mom to wake up.

Even though she wasn't huge into Taylor Swift, she knew her mom loved the singer to death.

A

single tear streamed down her face as she broke into chorus.

,,You'll get better soon"

Alena sobbed quietly, her voice threatening to break.

She clutched her Mom's hand tighter, bringing it to her lips.

,,'cause you have to"

The redhead finished the chorus, her voice now merely a whisper and her tone holding a strong pledge.

,,Please wake up, Mama"

She added, her voice muffled by her Mom's hand she clutched so tightly.

Alena thought she'd never see her Mom's emerald eyes look into her blue ones ever again and the thought hurt her heart.

The guilt didn't ease the pain either, since she felt like if her mom hadn't came to pick her up because she got into a fight, if it weren't for her fighting with her, she'd still be awake.

Alena let out a stifled sob that held a pain only she'd understand.

A/n: Strongly inspired by 'soon you'll get better' by Taylor Swift, extra points for you if you listen to the song while reading this one bc it'll guarantee crying.
Also, there will probably be a part two but I'll leave you guys to think about what happened after for now.
Have a good one, beautiful people, I'll see you around and stay amazing <3