We're both upside down

Alena Age: 9
Anastasia Age: 6
Word count: 756
Summary: In a universe where Alena has a little sister the two girls are happily playing. Natasha gets emotional, thinking back on her own childhood in ohio.

Alena was running through the backyard of their vacation home in ohio.

The nine year old was absolutely taken by the slide and the swings and had begged Nat and Steve for the former in their own apartment in New York.

Said parents shut down the idea but suggested she asked Tony what he could do about it in the compound, as there was far more space there and just down the street from them.

,,Lena look what I can do"

Another girls voice exclaimed, bent over into a bridge position. Her pale golden hair swept across the backyard floor and her bright emerald eyes twinkled brightly.

Alena giggled, matching her sister's pose with ease.

,,Now we're both upside down"

Anastasia stated, her face decorated with the brightest beam ever.

Her nine year old sister grinned daringly, her baby blue eyes glittering with mischief.

,,And I bet you're gonna fall first"

She dared, sticking out her tongue at her 6 year old sister.

The two girls giggled and made faces at each other as they both tried to stay upright in the position.

Natasha was watching them from afar. Her two girls reminded her greatly of the time she spent with her own sister in ohio, back when the world was OK. Back when her past was at least kind of alright.

The giggles audible brought her geat comfort and reminded her that everything was okay now. She got out, Yelena got out, they were alright.

Alena and Anna looked at each other ambitiously. Neither of the girls were gonna give her sister the satisfaction of winning. A trait they both enheired from both their parents.

Suddenly though, Anastasias legs gave away, leaving her falling to the ground.

,,Ha, told you, you'd fall first"

Alena beamed, getting out of the position as well, her eyes glistering with pride.

Anna frowned, looking at her sister with crossed arms.

,,Mama, Lena is being mean to me"

The 6 year old complained, running up to their mom, arms extended.

Alena followed suit, protesting loudly against her sister's accusations.

Natasha picked up her younger daughter, resting her on her hip, a small smirk tugging at her lips.

,,What happened, милая (Darling)"

She inquired, caressing her older daughter's cheek with her free hand.

Her girls were her world, her universe, her purpose. She loved the both of them to death, no matter how hard they fought with each other, no matter how many tantrums they threw.

Natasha Romanoff could never ... not love the two kids.

,,I fell and Alena ... она смеялась надо мной (she laughed at me), Mama"

Anastasia rambled, playing with her Mama's braid. She currently had a phase where she mixed Russian and English in her sentences.

Nat and Steve knew not to worry about it though. Alena has had the same phase around that age.

,,Лжец (Liar)!! I didn't laugh, I just got excited because I was right"

Alena exclaimed, her baby blue eyes wide with offence. They shook, but not because she was lying, but because she was feeling strong emotions.

,,Okay okay, нарушители спокойствия (troublemakers), how about you stop teasing your sister, Alena, and you"

,Tasha booped Anna's nose,

,,grow a little more, so you can beat your sister some day"

Anastasia giggled when Nat did that and wrapped her little arms around her in a hug.

Alena observed the interaction and promptly hugged her Mama's torso, burying her face in her stomach.

Natasha held her daughters tight, kissing both their cheeks before putting Anna down.

,,I love you two, never forget that, мои милые девочки (my sweet girls)"

She told the two, cupping Alena's face and holding Anna with her other arm.

The younger of the two girls cuddled into her Mama's side, her blonde hair obscuring her face.

,,я тоже тебя люблю (Love you too"

Alena muttered before embracing her mom and her sister.

Anna's arms wrapped around her older sister, she whispered back:

,,I love you too, forever and всегда (always)"

A/N: I love little Alena sm :,)) Honestly, bringing little siblings into my oneshots is a nice twist to the usual 'only child Alena' and tbh, Anna is kinda my favourite xD
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the little Alena content. Have a great day/night beautiful people, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33