Memories

Age: 20
Word count: 1156
Summary: Clint takes Alena to see the memorial of 2012s battle of new york

,,Kid, get ready, we're leaving in five"

Clints voice rang from the door.

Alena came sliding out of her room and right up to him.

With a proud smirk, she put on her shoes as she inquired:

,,You finally gonna tell me where we're going?"

,,Nope, surprise is a surprise"

The archer insisted, waiting for the redhead to finish up.

Alena didn't know where they were going, but her guess was that he was taking her to the farm to see his family again.

Ever since the blip, her moms death, the whole Thanos ordeal and everything else that happened, she hadn't seen Clints kids and wife in forever.

It made her sad, because growing up, his family was like a second one for her.

,,Okay all done"

Alena finally informed, her long, auburn curls flowing down her back now.

She'd never grown them out that long, but she'd always wanted to. Fighting wasn't that easy with long hair, so she kept it at collar bone length for the longest time.

Now though, that there was no one to fight against at the moment, she was free to do whatever she wanted.

In a way, her long hair honored her childhood, in which she'd always had it that way for her mom to braid.

Now, she just kept it open, in its natural wavy form.

,,Okay cmon then, we're going on quite the drive"

Clint smiled, although it looked kind of sad as he did.

Alena frowned sceptically but shrugged it off.

,,Bye dad, see you in the evening"

She yelled into the apartment, more specifically at her father, who was in his office, doing mission reports.

,,Bye light, have fun"

His voice rang back, making Alena smile before she slammed the door shut.

The redhead made her way towards Clints car, speeding up her pace momentarily.

Alena finally reached the car, lowered herself into the passenger seat and slammed the door shut.

,,Alright, where are we going?"

She tried to find out once more, just to be met with a smirk.

,,Nice try kid. It's a surprise"

Clint insisted, recognising the persistency of his best friend in her daughter.

His heart clenched when he thought about the woman who was ready to sacrifice her life so that her child, her family could live and they could bring back everyone.

He admired her bravery till the end if he was honest.

,,Alright then, how about we go? I'm hella curious about where you're gonna take me"

Alena ripped him from his thoughts with a lopsided grin.

The archer nodded, swallowed hard and started the car before they took off.

The car ride was moderately quiet, Alena pondering over where they could possibly be going and Clint trying hard to keep his composure because of the destination to where they were headed.