Please wake up pt. 2

Age: 15
Word count: 1011
Warnings: Hostile language, swearing
Summary: Natasha still is in a coma, the chances of her ever waking up slowly decreasing. Alena sinks into the guilt and sorrow of loosing her mom, her hope almost nonexistent.

The door to the apartment slammed shut. Steve whipped his head around, only seeing a flash of red before another door slammed.

,,Alena, the doors did nothing to you"

He scolded, his voice loud so his daughter would hear.

Ever since Nat went into the coma, things had been weird, to say the least.

It's been 6 months at this point and both Steve and Alena missed her greatly.

Steve was more of the open, optimistic type, convinced of the fact that his wife would make it, whilst Alena's hope was almost at 0%.

Additionally, the young redhead had resorted to acting up at home and failing in school. Steve could often hear her cry or sing to Nat, making his heart ache even more.

Today, she reached a new limit though.

,,Fuck off, old man"

She yelled, her voice full of rage and sorrow at the same time.

Steve winced. She never got this hostile, not even in the past six months.

,,Watch your language!"

He retorted, the sentence leaving his lips before he could think properly about it.

,,If you find a way to wake Mama up"

The 15 year old seethed, a loud bang coming from her room.

Steve figured she'd kicked or punched the door.

Alena had hit a sore spot and she knew it. What she didn't know though was that her dad wasn't gonna let her talk to him like that.

,,Alena Lubov, I want to see your ass in the living room right now!"

He ordered, his tone making the hairs on Alenas back stand up. She knew she pissed him off bad if he started swearing and using her middle name in one sentence.

The girl in question exited her room, her face tear stained but stoic.

,,What?"

She asked, her tone slightly annoyed.

Alena cursed herself for starting off that way. She came off way more annoyed than she intended to.

,,Watch your tone, young lady"

Steve scolded, his face holding both anger and compassion for his only daughter.

The redhead sighed, tears starting to form in her eyes. She was emotionally drained.

,,Sorry"

She muttered, though keeping up her stoic expression as well as she could.

Steve studied his kid, trying to see through her facade. Unfortunately though, that was an ability only his wife seemed to have.

,,Whats wrong?"

He decided to ask, hoping she'd open up only a little bit.

,,Nothing. Everything is perfectly ... fine"

Alena responded, though she refused to meet her dad's gaze and her voice shook.

,,Don't lie to me, Alena"

The supersoldier managed to call his daughters bluff, preparing for the screaming to start.

And that's what happened. Alena started yelling, kicking and crying. All the anger and sadness she'd bottled up came spilling out.

,,It's my fault Mama's basically dead. My fault"

She cried, her voice growing more hoarse and unstable by the second.

,,If only I had shut the fuck up and let her drive in peace. I'm horrible"

The redhead continued, letting out a heart wrenching scream after that sentence.

She cried and sunk to the floor where her dad's arms wrapped around her.

The supersoldier held his crying child until her screams turned into sobs before turning into hiccups.

,,She is not 'basically dead', little light. There's always hope"

He soothed, trying to give his baby girl at least a little hope.

,,She's been gone for ... for six months, Dad. The doctor literally said it's unlikely she'll ever wake up"

Alena countered, her words disrupted by small sobs.

Steve's heart clenched when he heard how little hope his once bubbly little girl had.

,,But she's your mom. When has Natasha ever done something likely. She's a fighter, little light, just like you. She is gonna wake up, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but she will wake up eventually"

He tried cheering her up and giving her a little hope.

,,Don't ..."

,,Dont what?"

,,Don't give me hope"

Alena looked up at her dad, her blue eyes meeting the ones she resembled so much.

The supersoldier was about to give another one of his hero speeches when the duo heard a thud from the other room.

,,What was that?"

The redhead asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

,,No idea"

Steve retorted, his expression mirroring the one of his daughter.

Alena got up as quietly as possible before stalking over to the room where the noise had come from.

In her head, someone had broken in. So, she didn't realise that it was actually the room where her mom had been sleeping in for the past six months. Somehow, she'd just forgotten.

Carefully, she peeked her head through the door, only to see emerald eyes staring back into hers.

,,Mama?"

She asked, thinking her mind was playing tricks on her.

,,Alena? What happened? Where am I?"

The younger redhead stared at her mother, who looked more lively than ever.

,,You're ... you're awake"

Was all she could get out before rushing into the room and practically jumping on her mom.

Natasha, more happy than confused at this point hugged her daughter tightly. For some reason it felt like she hadn't done that in a while and she had missed it.

Alena was happier than ever in that moment. She finally had her mom back.

Of course it would take a while and a lot of explaining to get back to normal, but as of now, the Romanoff-Rogers family was complete once more.

A/N: Part two for you guyssss. I hope you liked where I took this and yes, of course I had to do a happy ending. If I didn't, I would have to pay for a lot of therapy, including my own ;)
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one and I'll see you around. Have a great day/night and stay amazing <3