The power of a single decision

Age: 20
Word count: 2702
Requester by: -EJWrites-
Summary: After her mother's death and her dad brought back the stones, Alena's desperately trying to find a way to go back to things were before. Her plan involves asking Wanda to find her a universe where her parents are alive, to which she agrees. This causes her to wake up in an all-to familiar universe where things are ... different.

December 1st, 2025, Alena's universe:

,,Wanda please, I need you to do me that favor. I'm all alone, I don't wanna be here anymore, I want my parents back"

Alena pleaded while chasing after Wanda, who she tracked down after the whole multiversal madness she'd gone through. She'd heard all about what the witch could do and figured this was her only chance to ever see her parents again.

Wanda on the other hand, didn't wanna hear it. She did it once and saw that there wasn't a way to do it without hurting anyone. She learned her lesson ... or did she?

,,Alena no, I told you I can't do that. How did you even find me, I'm literally in the middle of nowhere"

The woman shut down the idea. As much as she wanted to help her niece, she couldn't risk it.

,,But you found your sons, you found yourself a universe where you could be happy. Why won't you help me, Wanda??"

The 20 year old countered, her voice straining. She was desperate to see them again, especially with her Mom's birthday coming up. Truth was, she'd chosen to simply ignore all events involving each of her parents, so her birthday, their birthdays, their anniversary, everything.

This probably wasn't the best way to go, but she didn't know how else to cope. But, Alena was determined, not to ignore another one of her Mom's birthdays, but she also swore to celebrate it with her.

Wanda stopped, causing Alena to almost run into her, before the witch turned around, a look of defeat on her face.

,,Okay let's get you back to Natasha"

She agreed, although her expression displayed a mixture of insecurity and reluctance. Wanda was smart enough to understand that her honorary niece wouldn't budge and just a little part of her wished for it to go just the way she wanted it to, even though she knew it'd go horribly wrong in a way.

Alena let out a relieved sigh. This was her chance to finally see her parents faces again.

,,Thank you, Wanda, thank you, thank you, thank you"

She flung her arms around her auntie, grateful for the help. The woman in question closed her arms around the 20 year old, although she couldn't shake the feeling that not everything would go as smoothly as they wished it to go.

Soon, the two women had gone inside, hatching a plan on how to get Alena into a universe where both Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers were alive and well.