He's not here

Alena Age: 19
Anastasia age: 11
Word count: 2351
Requested by: -LUVBLACKHILL
Thanks for your request <3
Warnings: Hostile language, mention of suicidal thoughts
Summary: In a universe where Steve died bringing Natasha back, but Alenas sister Anastasia doesn't understand where he's gone and when of if he'll come back, things are different this time around.

Alena Age: 19Anastasia age: 11Word count: 2351Requested by: -LUVBLACKHILLThanks for your request <3Warnings: Hostile language, mention of suicidal thoughtsSummary: In a universe where Steve died bringing Natasha back, but Alenas sister Anastasia d...

Alena never thought the day might come in which she had to say goodbye to her dad.

At least she hadn't expected it for at least another 50 years or so.

Even more so what she shocked to find her mom back instead of her dad, on the day where he brought back the infinity stones.

Tears were shed before she realised that her father was in fact not with her Mom.

,,Mama, where's dad?"

Alena had asked, concern lingering in her voice.

Natasha hadn't been able to respond that day.

....

That was 6 months ago. They had a funeral and everything.

While Alena still struggled herself to make peace with the fact that her dad left his life primarily so that she'd see her mom again, something else wouldn't let her go.

That something, or rather someone, was Anastasia, Alenas 11 year old sister.

The blonde girl with the same emerald eyes as their mother struggled to understand where Steve had gone all of a sudden.

She was an absolute Daddy's girl and would not understand where he was. She was convinced he'd come back.

Both Alena and Natasha grew more concerned when even after the funeral, the 11 year old didn't accept the fact that her father wouldn't ever come back.

She'd talk about him as if he were still alive, asking daily when he'd finally come home.

One day though, Alena finally snapped.

,,She doesn't get it, does she? She's acting like everything is perfectly fine and even talks like Dad is still around"

The 19 year old shouted, standing opposite her mother in the kitchen.

Anastasia was at ballet class.

,,Свет (Light), everyone heals differently. Anastasia needs time. She's 11"

Natasha tried to soothe, desperately trying to avert any resentment from her oldest against her youngest.

,,Exactly that's the point. She's 11 and not five. We had a funeral, Dad has a grave. Even Morgan understands that Tony isn't gonna come back and she's six. So when will Anna get that Dad will not come back?"