Why her?

Age: 19
Word count: 1003
Summary: Alena and Clint got the soul stone but at what cost?

When Alena opened her eyes, she sat at the end of the cliff they had climbed up mere hours ago.

Clint woke up next to her.

Neither of them said a word, Alena just looked down at her hand, which held a faint orange glow.

,,Cmon kid, let's go"

Clint whispered.

Alena nodded and they pressed the button which would bring them back to their time.

She truly didn't know how to feel in that moment, knowing that she just lost the person she loved most in this world.

As soon as they arrived back, she sacked to the ground, unable to speak.

,,Guys where's Nat?"

Bruce asked, concern lingering in his voice.

Everyone's gaze wandered towards Alena and Clint.

Alena looked up, tears shimmering in her eyes as she met her dad's gaze.

Steve immediately knelt down next to her, embracing her tightly.

The young redhead clung on to her dad, as if he was gonna slip through her hands.

,,I couldn't save her"

She whispered faintly, her voice only audible for her father.

,,It's not your fault, little light"

Steve whispered back, holding the child in his arms tighter.

Everyone was naturally heartbroken by the loss, but none was more shaken and traumatised by it than the one saved by Natasha. Alena.

So, she sat with the others, silently fidgeting with her hourglass necklace which her mom had a counterpiece to.

,,Dyou if she had family? Other than Rogers and mini Romanoff, I mean"

Tony asked, his voice holding a tone of sorrow.

,,She had a sister, my auntie. And Alexei and Melina"

Alena spoke up, her voice quiet and hoarse from crying.

Steve slung an arm around his daughter in an attempt to bring her comfort.

,,What?"

Thor threw in, aiming towards Tony.

,,Just ask the question, what do you wanna do?"

Tony asked, tilting his head slightly.

,,Youre acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead?"

The god of thunder asked while turning around to the others.

His gaze grazed Alena, who was observing the whole situation with tears in her eyes.

,,We have the stones"

He added as he slapped his palm into his hand.

,,As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isnt that right?"

Thor pondered, in complete denial about the whole issue.

The redhead of the group looked up, a shimmer of hope glistering in her eyes.

,,He's right. We're the avengers, of course we can bring my mom back. We could-"

Alena agreed desperately.

Deep down she knew it wasn't really possible and she knew she was being delusional, but the thought of seeing her mom again made her want to go to great lengths.

,,We can't get her back"

Clint cut across the girl that resembled Natasha so much.

Both Alena and Thor whipped their heads around to the archer.

,,We can't"

He repeated, shaking his head as if to assure himself.

Thor walked around a bit, stifled laughters escaping his lips from time to time.

,,No offence, but you're a very earthly being, Okay. We're talking about space magic"

He explained, giving Alena more hope.

Clint got up as well now, approaching Thor.

,,Yea, yea, I know that I'm way outside of my .. my peg right here, but"

He started, trying hard to fight his emotions.

,,She's still in there, is she?"

Alena across him, refusing to let go of her hope.

,,No, no, that's my point, it can't be undone"

The archer continued, his voice raising while he did.

,,Don't scream at the kid"

Thor threw in, standing in front of Alena.

Clint turned to Thor.

,,At least that's what the red, floating guy had to say"

He went back to explaining, his tone now a mix between annoyance and deep sorrow.

,,Maybe you wanna go talk to him, Okay. You go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him"

The archer added, his voice increasing in volume drastically.

,,ENOUGH"

Alena cut between the two men. She was getting visibly agitated now.

,,It should've been me. Honestly, why her? Why didn't she just let me jump"

She yelled, throwing her glass to the ground in irritation.

Steve got up and put an arm around his daugther.

,,No, it shouldn't have been any of us, but she did it. That's your mother. You know she couldn't live without you"

He stated, fighting his own tears now.

,,But she sacrificed her life for that damn stone, she gave her life so that I could live. Why?"

The redhead of the group continued, full on sobbing now.

,,Because she loved you, Alena. That's why"

Clint assured the 19 year old, his face laid in a frown.

,,She's not coming back, is she?"

Alena mumbled, her gaze now meeting her dad's.

Although it broke his heart, Steve shook his head.

He knew his wife wasn't gonna come back but he also knew that it broke his daughters heart and that if he wasn't there for her, she might go down a horrible road.

,,We have to make it worth it for her then"

The redhead concluded, her expression shifting from absolutely heartbroken to ready to do everything it took to make her mom proud.

Alena did make it worth it for Natasha and even though she didn't get to hear it, deep in her heart she knew that she was proud of her.

She knew that her mom loved her so much and even now that she was dead, she would never be gone as long as Alena carried on her legacy.

A/N: Whooooh, let's cry together.
So I rewatched Endgame the other day and Nats death scene made me full on ugly cry in my living room. Anyways I really hope you enjoyed this one and yea happy crying beautiful people.
Have a lovely day/night and I'll see you around. Stay amazing <3