Rest well, Mama

Age: 19
Word count: 843
Summary: Alena has to lay her mom to rest.

Alena Lubov Romanoff-Rogers sat in her room, like she did ever so often.

This time though, she had her red hair tied in a loose but classy bun that rested on her neck and wore a black dress with a black cardigan.

The dress was from her mom, which made the whole thing just a little more painful, but Alena refused to wear her own. This way, she felt more connected to her mother.

You probably guessed it, but today was the day, Natasha should get her funeral.

Even though they didn't have a body to bury, it was only right to give her the respect she deserved.

The necklace around Alenas neck felt heavy on her chest.

She looked at herself in the mirror, only to see a version of her mom staring back at her.

The sting in her heart made her look away, that's how bad it was.

A knock sounded on Alenas door.

,,Light, it's time"

Steve announced, his tone resembling everything Alena felt.

,,Coming"

The redhead responded, got up and slipped out her room behind her dad.

The father daughter duo stopped in front of the building where the funeral would be held.

,,Little light, before we go in there ..."

Steve began and stood opposite his daughter.

,,Look, can we just ... get it over with? This is hard enough as is, you know"

Alena responded, her voice already shaky and unsure.

,,Just let me speak. I promise I'll make it quick"

Her dad asked of her, his tone holding a mix of pleading and ordering.

The redhead let out an exaggerated sigh.

She knew this was important, even her therapist told her that, but it was hard in moments like these.

,,It's okay to cry, little light. Please don't cut yourself off, talk to me or Mrs Lee"

Steve began and cupped his daugthers face.

Mrs Lee was Alenas therapist, whom she visited twice a week to talk about everything that happened.

She was only in therapy for two weeks and she really didn't feel comfortable yet, but she knew her dad was right. She needed to open up to allow herself to heal.

Alena nodded at her fathers request.

,,I love you, I hope you know that. And your mom loved you so much as well, you know"

Steve continued, his own eyes starting to glister with tears.

The redhead avoided her fathers gaze to stop herself from bursting into tears.

,,I love you too"

She responded, her eyes starting to flicker just the way they did when when was feeling overwhelmed with emotions.

Steve hugged his daughter tightly, before the duo made their way towards a lake.

Not any lake though, it was the lake that Natasha had loved with her whole heart.

It was the same lake where Alena had sat with her Mom so often, just talking about life.

The redheads heart shattered when her gaze met the wide meadow in front of her.

She could see her mom in every little blade of gras, in every tree and on the bridge leading to the water.

Alena held on to her dad a little tighter.

He squeezed her to his side in attempt to give her comfort.

Everyone was there, the og 6, Sam, Fury, Bucky, Wanda and so many more.

They all had either denial, sadness or pure heartbreak written on their faces.

,,Shall we?"

Steve whispered to his daughter, whose gaze was now resting upon the water, peacefully creating waves.

,,I have to at least give her the peace she deserves"

The redhead muttered and picked up the beautiful flower bouquet beside her.

Father and daughter made their way to a tree, where a gravestone was located.

Natashas grave.

Alena set down the flowers, a small sniffle escaping her lips as she did.

,,Спи спокойно, мама (Sleep well, Mama)"

She whispered and kissed her necklace.

It was one of the hardest things Alena had to do. Say goodbye to her Mom.

The only person she truly felt understood by, the one person who never gave up on her.

Sure, her dad supported her in everything she did, but the relationship she had with her mother was one that the general public would describe as soulmates.

That's what they were. Natasha and Alena were truly soulmates and for Natasha that meant protecting the one thing she loved.

That was Alena.

The 19 year old redhead inhaled the air, which had gone cold by now.

Everyone had left. It was just her and her mom.

For that one moment, beside the pain, Alena felt protected and loved, in just the way her mom made her feel.

A/N: Oh my god. Why do I get into the habit of making myself cry with these. The last part made me tear up badly.
I hope it wasn't too bad for you and I hope you enjoyed this one.
Happy crying, beautiful people, I'll see you around. Stay amazing, bye <3