Wattpad Original
There are 78 more free parts

09

Sweet

The following day at 9:00 a.m., Marie and I were in the office of Sebastian Stavrakos waiting for him. Again. After fifteen minutes, he arrived looking frazzled and catching his breath.

"Hello, Mr. Stavrakos. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Marie Antoinette Laude." Marie, who was wearing neon orange and green, greeted him first. "I'm the editor, slash, personal assistant, slash best friend of none other than Miss Sweet Treble."

"Hello, there." He shook hands with Marie briefly before standing in front of me at his full six foot plus height. "Hello, Miss Treble. Nice to see you again. Have you thought about our deal?"

"Yes, I have." My eyes held his. "We're here to discuss it with you in more detail."

"Good." He turned to the other people inside the room and arrogantly waved his hand to dismiss them.

Everyone left except for Marie, who remained seated on the couch, munching biscotti.

"I think it's best if we have privacy to discuss our agreement," he said, referring to Marie.

"We're an open book. I don't have any secrets with Marie." I held my chin up, challenging him.

"Okay fine, if that's what you want." He moved closer to me, making my heart beat faster, and whispered, "But I assure you, there is confidential stuff that's only intended for your ears."

"Ugh! Alright, I heard you from here. I'll go out now." Marie stood up and left the room.

"So let's start?" he said.

Sebastian Stavrakos sat behind his desk looking beautiful and powerful in his dark suit. His steel-blue eyes, firm features, and the confident set of his shoulders made him look... dangerous.

Yes, he was strikingly attractive, and I hated myself for reacting strongly to him.

He's a bastard, Sweet. Don't you ever forget that.

I inhaled deeply and faced him squarely. I refused to be intimidated. I would not fall on my knees and agree to his terms and conditions without a justifiable reason.

"We can't call this deal dating, Mr. Stavrakos, because I'm the only one who's going to get to know you better. I would rather call it a progressive interview."

He grimaced and leaned back on his chair, his fingers tapping on his desk. I noticed it as a habit whenever he was thinking.

"I'll come here to your office once a week and you can give me a weekly update of your life," I continued, keeping my voice neutral. "An hour meeting should be sufficient."

He studied me openly, like I was a specimen in a science laboratory, then said, "You don't seem to get the purpose of this deal, Miss Treble."

I frowned, unsure how to answer him. "Then enlighten me."

He paused, his eyes locked with mine, pulling me like a magnet. "I also want to get to know you."

That statement made my heart stop.

He wanted to get to know me? Was he serious?

I felt my temples burn, my stomach swirl, and my breath quicken.

A sudden unwelcome wanting pulsing inside me. I became too aware of him. I couldn't stop looking at his firm and sensual lips. I wondered how it would feel kissing those lips.

Stop! What the hell was going on? I was thinking ten steps ahead. I needed to pull myself together. This man knew how to charm a woman. I couldn't fall for his bait.