Wattpad Original
There are 52 more free parts

33

Sweet

On our way home, I managed to convince Dad that there was nothing going on between Sebastian and I. Definitely, we were not engaged, and there would be no wedding. We just made up the engagement thingy on Tess behalf, so she would allow us to stay in her cottage.

"I don't want you to fall for that guy, he's not good for you. He's a manipulator, blackmailing you into this dating deal in return of the potato partnership deal. A good guy never does that." His lecture continued until we arrived home.

At home, I related the same story to Mom and Erin in the kitchen, while Mom was preparing breakfast. They believed everything I said, they always did, without any doubt or whatsoever. Contrary to Dad, they were more excited to know about the awarding ceremony. From the glamorous venue decorations, the famous people who attended and their attire, the entertainers who performed, and the menu.

"Is this real gold?" Erin asked, examining my award plaque.

"Most probably," Mom took the plaque from Erin and studied the engraved words. Social Media Rising Star, Sweet Treble. "We're so proud of you, Sweet. Your hard work really paid off."

"Thanks Mom. I couldn't have done it without all of your support."

Her eyes welled with tears, and before we'd get into more drama, we shifted our topic to Colton.

"Colton called me last night. He said he ate a lot of lobsters," Erin looked happy for her twin brother.

"Not just lobsters, but plenty of desserts. I can't believe where he put all that stuff he ate," I said, and we all laughed.

"By the way, he mentioned that Sebastian was there," Mom's eyebrows rose, looking very curious."

"Yeah, he was. He introduced me to his family."

"Oh, really?" Erin's eyes grew big. "You must be very nervous."

"Very. I had cold feet and my hands were trembling."

"Were they nice to you? You know, after you exposed Sebastian on Live TV, they could be upset or something."

I remembered Elena Stavrakos' reaction when meeting me. I tried to brush it off and not think much of it for my state of mind. She had the right to get mad at me though, because what I did was wrong.

"It turned out well, Mom." I shrugged my shoulders. "It was a quick introduction, there were many people who wanted to talk to them too."

"Of course. They're billionaires, everyone would take a chance to talk to them. I heard it would take ages to get an appointment with them," Mom agreed.

"Jace was there too. He also got an award." I mentioned, though they certainly heard it already from Colton.

"I know he'd be successful. He was always a strong-willed boy and very determined to achieve his goals," Mom showered with compliments.

"Yeah, I know he'd make it. He always talked about his dream to have his own company during high school, and now he got it. He also bought a ten-story building in the city."

"Really? That's wonderful. I'm sure Paul and Ana are now very proud parents of Jace. He earned all the success and wealth he got through hard work."

"Yeah, very impressive." I agreed.

Mom served the pancakes on the table, then sprinkled some powdered sugar on top, and maple syrup. The way we all loved.

"When is he coming here to Dansville?" Erin asked.

"I don't know, he mentioned that he's really busy right now. You know, renovating the building and setting up his company here in the US."

Mom sat across from me, then got a pancake for herself, "I can't wait to see him. Especially you two together."