Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

77

Sweet

Tuesday, I felt exhausted and sleepy all the time, like a drained battery. I did nothing but lay on my bed, watching Netflix or YouTube, or mindlessly scrolling through Instagram and TikTok on my phone until my eyes hurt. Then I was back snoozing.

"Are you still asleep, Sweet? Get up, it's almost noon." Mom shouted at the door.

"Yeah, in a sec." I yelled back, then went back to sleep.

I couldn't stop thinking about Sebastian. The fun we had, the jokes we shared, our deep talks, and our incredible love-making. But then, his revenge ruined all those amazing memories, and I got super angry again.

In the afternoon, my mom made me go downstairs and eat a late lunch. I didn't feel like eating. I always felt so full. I chowed down a few bites of my ham sandwich, then went back to my room and collapsed on my bed.

Sebastian's image popped into my head again, and it made my heart ache.

Darn it. I have to stop thinking about him!

I tried to start a blog, but when I started writing a sentence, it didn't sound good. I also tried to update my manuscript and include Sebastian's secret, but I ended up blankly staring at my laptop screen.

What am I going to write about him? The only secret I could think of was his kidnapping, and that's a big no-no.

I was like, forget it, and went back to bed, scrolling on my phone again. I felt so weighed down and just needed to vent, but there was no one I could talk to. And I know, if I talk to my parents or Erin and Marie, there would be some censoring. I couldn't share everything in my mind and heart because I had fear of being judged.

And then I had an idea.

I opened my word doc and poured my heart out through writing.

So, I began writing my love story with Sebastian, right from the start, when I was waiting at his office for the interview. When he stood me up three times because of his emergencies, meeting at the restaurant for the first time, and all that stuff, until now.

I was super inspired for days, and the words just flowed out effortlessly as I expressed myself. It made me feel better and gave me a new boost of energy.

On Friday morning, I got an email from James. Subject: 11th Date.

Dear Miss Treble,

You've got a romantic dinner date with Mr. Sebastian Stavrakos this Saturday. It's your 11th date! A chopper will be there to pick you up at seven sharp.

I mean, what was Sebastian even thinking? I can't believe he had the audacity to keep dating after what he did? I told him to quit the whole dating deal. Didn't he understand the concept of listening?

Darn it! I told him it was over, but he acted like nothing happened.

I responded to James' email, turning down the invitation. I let him know that me and Sebastian were done.

James took an hour to reply.

Dear Miss Treble,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Mr. Stavrakos has received your message.

He wishes to inform you he will not put any pressure on you to go on a date with him this coming Saturday. He acknowledged your need for time and space at the moment, but he's really looking forward to seeing you on your next date.

Lastly, he wants to say sorry again for his mistakes and hopes you felt better soon.

My emotions were running high, and I was extremely angry with him. I was grappling with feelings of being triggered and frustrated.