Wattpad Original
There are 43 more free parts

42

Sweet

My heart fluttered wildly upon seeing Sebastian. My body and spirit came alive.

Half-running, I went to him right away, not minding that everyone's gaze followed me. My chest was heaving so fast when I stood in front of him.

"Hi." I tried to hide the excitement within me. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?" He answered coldly.

Oh. I stepped back away from him. I felt like I got splashed with iced water. All my excitement died instantly.

Okay, understandable. He saw me with Jace, and that angered him.

I coaxed him towards a gigantic tree, away from everyone, so we could talk freely.

"You postponed our date to tomorrow, so I wasn't expecting you today."

"Yeah, I did. And if I hadn't come, I wouldn't have seen what you're up to," he chuckled sarcastically.

"What do you mean, what I'm up to?" I emphasized the last words.

"Having too much fun with your ex."

I sighed, dismayed at his behavior.

"There's a festival here, so everyone is having fun."

"Dammit. Do I have to spill it out on you? We're dating and you kissed that guy." His eyebrows furrowed, and looked at me like I just committed a heinous crime.

Shaking my head, I answered, "I didn't kiss him. He kissed me."

"That's the same fucking thing!" He hissed, "you allowed him to kiss you."

I looked around, checking if someone heard him. I turned to him and said, "come on. Stop baffling and don't make a scene. There are press people here."

"I don't fucking care. You're supposed to be mine."

Mine? What the hell is he talking about?

My forehead creased, and I lifted my chin a little.

"I'm not your property, Sebastian. You don't own me. I'm not even your girlfriend to be called yours. I can do whatever I want or hang out with anyone, as long as I'm not dating. I've been loyal and honest about our agreement, if that concerns you. I have done nothing to breach our contract."

"Fuck that contract. I'm not talking about that damn thing." He pressed his lips together tightly, then heaved a frustrated sigh. "We did more than kiss on our last date. And now, you kissed that asshole..." He grunted, then kicked the tree trunk.

"Have pity on that tree. It's not doing anything to you."

He leaned his back against the tree, looking away from me.

Even though he was so mad and angry, he still looked so gorgeous, standing there in his well-tailored gray business suit. Darn it. I realized how I missed him so badly these past days. My entire system reacted to him so strongly, revitalized, like I drank a drum of energy drink.

He raked his hair with his fingers, then turned to me. "What are you up to these past few days? Hanging out with your ex?"

"Jace is not just my friend, but my family's. We're also neighbors, and this is a small town, so it's impossible not to bump into each other from time to time."

"Just answer me. Did you hang out with him? Yes or no," he asked firmly, looking so dangerous in an instant.

"Um, yeah."