Wattpad Original
There are 21 more free parts

64

Sebastian

Saturday morning, I was outside the Treble's house, waiting patiently on the porch, heart racing with anticipation.

I'd fetch her at seven, and I arrived fifteen minutes early. I couldn't wait to see Sweet, to see her beautiful radiant face, to feel the warmth of her smile and hear the sweet sound of her laughter. I incredibly missed her. One week seemed like an eternity of not seeing her.

Press the doorbell! Max mouthed at me, telling me to press a button when I couldn't find any. He was standing beside the chopper, together with the pilot, Manfred.

I raised my hand, signaling that there was no doorbell. I'd rather wait for someone to open the door.

Even with a rotor noise reduction control, the helicopter's landing in the front yard was audible to everyone in the Treble household.

Maybe Sweet's parents were still asleep or went to their farm. Maybe Sweet was in the shower and didn't hear the chopper arrive. It was still early, though.

I heard someone came out from the neighbor's house. I turned and saw a familiar man. Sweet's ex-boyfriend, Hamilton.

What the hell! Jealousy overwhelmed me. They're living too close to each other. They could hang out any time, while I live in the city and see Sweet only on Saturdays.

"That little yellow button on the right side is the doorbell," Hamilton said.

I saw the yellow button earlier. I thought it was a light switch.

I nodded at him and pressed the said button.

I forgot about Hamilton. My excitement at seeing Sweet was back. My heart throbbed faster as the sound of footsteps inside grew closer.

The door opened, and an older lady came out. Sweet's mom, Evelyn Treble.

"Good morning, Mrs. Treble," I greeted politely. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Thanks for asking," she replied with a smile. "You're early. I didn't hear the chopper. I was in the basement doing the laundry. Come in. I guess Sweet is still in the shower." Mrs. Treble opened the main door wider for me to get inside the house.

"Thank you," I said and entered the house.

My eyes roamed briefly inside the living room. Everything is still the same as I remembered. The gray sofa with colorful knitted throw pillows in the corner, a mahogany center table in the front, and an enormous TV screen on a rack. Photos in picture frames were hanging on walls and standing on top of a cabinet.

Their Maltese puppy, Snow, greeted me. Its tail wagging vigorously, excited to see me. My heart warmed with joy that she remembered me. I petted her ears while waiting for Mrs. Treble to get inside the house as well. The latter stopped at the porch to talk to Hamilton.

"If you need more drinking water, Jace, just ask, okay?"

"Thanks, Evelyn." Hamilton replied. "Actually, I'm going to grab some coffee, then buy some bottled water."

"Why don't you join us for coffee?" She invited him.

"Some other time then," he replied, and that somewhat gave me relief.

I couldn't stand being near the man. The last time we met, we had a heated encounter. I didn't want to repeat the same incident, especially that Sweet and I were leaving for a fun weekend date.

But Mrs. Treble wouldn't take no for an answer.

"I brewed more coffee earlier. I thought you're joining us. Come on, Jace." She insisted.