Wattpad Original
There are 31 more free parts

54

Sweet

"Hi, Elena!" Johanna stood between me and Elena, "glad you made it."

"Of course, Johanna. I wouldn't miss your book's birthday."

Johanna melted, then said, "thanks. Your presence means a lot."

I watched the two stunning ladies briefly hugging each other.

"By the way, Elena, this is Sweet," Johanna's eyes teased, "Sweet, this is Elena. I'm sure you two have already met."

I haven't mentioned to Johanna that Elena and I met before at an awarding event. I guess she assumed because I was dating Sebastian.

"Good evening, Mrs. Stavrakos. It's my pleasure to meet you again."

"Hello, Miss Treble." Elena replied, with a blank expression. Obviously not happy to see me because when she turned to Carol, her red lips stretched wide in a smile.

Okay. She doesn't like me. I'm sure she heard what I said about including Sebastian's princess drama in my book.

I should have been very careful. I wasn't expecting to meet her here. I should have researched the members of the organization first before coming.

They served dinner at exactly seven on a long rectangular table. All twenty-two guests gathered around the table, with Johanna at the center. Elena sat beside Johanna while I was at the opposite end of the table. Seated beside me was Carol, whom I was thankful for keeping me company.

I admit, it was very intimidating to be in a crowd of extremely wealthy women. I felt so awkward and out of place. They discussed their businesses, travels, real estate, charity, investments, and luxury shopping. And they obviously adored Elena, since the conversation often centered on her.

"We're curious, Elena," A TV personality asked, "what do you think of Sweet, here? We all know she's dating Sebastian, and I think it's getting serious."

There was a buzz. Everyone was expecting to know her answer.

Elena waved her hand and didn't even spare a glance at me.

"This is not a TV show, Karen, stop interviewing me," Elena answered, with a wave of her hand dismissing the topic, and everyone laughed.

But it was difficult to let go of the topic. Some were really curious. They couldn't get anything from Elena, so they shifted their attention to me.

"By the way, Sweet. I heard you're a blogger." Grace Wong, the film producer, asked.

"Yes, I am." I smiled politely.

"How many subscribers do you have?" Another woman asked.

"Recently, I hit twenty million."

"Wow! That's a huge number. How did you do that?" Grace Wong looked sincerely impressed.

"By being consistent, writing good articles and keeping on engaging with the readers." I answered. To be honest, my subscribers doubled when I started dating Sebastian. My collaborations and brand partnerships also increased.

"You've been dating Sebastian for months already, right Sweet?"

"Not for long. About two months," I answered shyly and looked at Elena, who ignored me being interrogated by the group and continued talking to the woman seated beside her.

"That's too long already in Sebastian's dating history," the lady across from me whispered.

After the dinner, everyone gathered in a huge gazebo, surrounded by a garden full of beautiful flowers. The aroma was fresh and heavenly.