Wattpad Original
There are 36 more free parts

49

Sweet

I stood up, holding my handbag. "The 15-minute date is up. Thanks for the coffee. Goodbye, Sebastian."

His eyes widened. "You're going?"

"Of course."

He checked his watch, then looked at me again. "Can you stay longer?"

"The chopper is waiting."

"It's okay, it will wait, no matter what time you'll leave. Besides, we're not done talking yet."

"We can continue next time. I have to go. Marie is waiting for me. We're going to watch a movie, then have dinner."

He nodded, but looked very disappointed. "Can you do it tomorrow? I mean, I want to spend more time with you, Sweet."

I tried not to roll my eyes. He set up this 15-minute date, then extended the time because he wanted to.

"I thought you're too busy. That's why you set this date for 15 minutes only."

That caught him off guard.

"I..." He said something, then stopped and sighed.

"We shouldn't have met, if it's too inconvenient for you. Our contract doesn't require us to meet every week."

He leaned back against the padded couch and stared at me with eyes that made me turn to liquid.

"Please, sit down, Sweet. Let me explain."

I checked the time on my watch, then sighed. "I really have to go. Besides, I don't want to take much of your time."

"You won't. I'm not busy now, and I won't be working till Monday. Please sit down. You haven't even touched your coffee. You'll make Paulo sad." He said, referring to the barista.

"Okay, but I won't be long." I settled back on the couch at the side next to him.

He took a sip of his coffee, his eyes watching me above the rim of his cup, then said.

"I'm sorry if I offended you, coming up with a 15-minute date. I don't know what came over me and I swear, I regret it now."

"I'm not offended, but puzzled that after our whole days, it went down to fifteen minutes. I want to know the real reason," I shrugged my shoulders, then continued, "if you feel tired with this dating routine. Just say so, because I'm easy to talk to. As I've said earlier, we don't have to meet every week, or until our contract ends."

"No," he shook his head vigorously. "I swear, I'm not tired of dating you. Never, Sweet," he paused, then asked, "are you?"

"I wouldn't be here if I were," I replied, "so, what's the truth, Sebastian?"

He sighed heavily, then said, "seeing you ran to your ex hurt me so bad. I won the race over him, but I felt defeated. I was so upset... jealous. But despite all that, I've been missing you so badly. The only cure that I could think of was spending less time with you. But seeing you now, I realized, I was just fooling myself. I want to spend more time with you."

He admitted he was jealous. I knew that was difficult for him, considering his colossal ego. And saying that he missed me made my heart flutter wildly.

The moment I saw him earlier when I got down from the chopper, my heart skipped a beat. He was absolutely gorgeous, looking so fresh in his white shirt and dark jeans. I missed him so badly too, that I wanted to run to him and flung my arms around him.

As we looked into each other's eyes, his ocean blue eyes immediately captivated me.
He clasped my hand, his thumb caressing my knuckles.

"I've never experienced this kind of feeling, ever before, Sweet. This is so new to me, and it scared me when you didn't reciprocate the feeling."