Wattpad Original
There are 16 more free parts

69

Sebastian

Tuesday morning, I woke up early reading Sweet's blog on our trip to Paris. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside me. She enjoyed the entire experience. I felt so happy and thought that we should do it more often from now on. Maybe I'll surprise her on a Bali trip next time.

Just the thought of it gave me a bundle of energy that I worked out before work.

Sometimes, I preferred working out in the gym rather than on my own at home. For multiple reasons, like to increase energy and productivity, social interaction and improved physical health.

But there were also disadvantages in going to the gym, like bumping into people you don't want to run into.

"Hey Seb, what's up?" Tucker stood beside me as I was doing dumbbell bicep curls.

Why the hell I kept on bumping at him? It wasn't even twenty-four hours when I saw him at the coffee shop.

"Nothing much," I answered, concentrating on my workout. "Are you done?"

"Yup. I have got a little sleep. Last night was a blast in the bar. The girls were wild dancing on the table." He chuckled, looking at me with red bloodshot eyes. "You should have joined me, man. Too bad you missed the fun. You love those kinds of thing, you know."

But not anymore. I was about to say, but diverted the topic instead.

"Are you on vacation this week?"

"I have a flight scheduled this afternoon for Germany. But I'll be back on Saturday, in time for your mom's birthday party."

"Well, that's great. I'll see you then." I bade him goodbye, but it seemed like he was not going yet.

"I'm looking forward to the after party. The usual thing we do, you know, with the gang. They miss you, man."

The gang. Rich young bachelors with old money often gathered to drink, sometimes indulging in drugs, and hooking up with promiscuous girls..

"I'm not doing that anymore, Tuck. Drinking too much is bad for our health, and those meaningless sex, they're just a waste of time."

"Look who's talking," he chuckled aloud, "you were the one who introduced me into those things, and now you're telling me they're meaningless? What happened to you, man? Where's that lively and adventurous Sebastian Stavrakos I knew?"

"I told you yesterday," my lips twisted, and repeated our conversation at the coffee shop to give him some light. "I grew tired of those things and besides, I have to focus on the business and prove to the board that I can be the next CEO."

"You're the only son, so obviously, you'll be the next CEO of your family's business empire."

"It's not that easy. You know Mom is tough, she wouldn't settle for less. I still have to prove to her utterly."

"Hmm," his lips pursed, "I understand, man. I support you and your career. Actually, we're all busy with our careers. But we will appreciate it if you can spend time with us."

I took a pause, dropped the dumbbells on the floor, and straightened up.

"Come on, man. It hurts that you kept on declining my invitation." He said dramatically, holding his heart.

"Okay," I said to silence him, "I'll join you when I'm free."

"Great!" His face lit up, then he tapped my shoulder. He started updating me about the lives of our friends, who got busted and jailed because of drugs, the models they hooked up with, and so on.