Wattpad Original
There are 22 more free parts

63

Sweet

It was Friday evening, and I was alone in the house. Erin had a sleepover at her classmate's house to finish a project, and my parents were out on a movie date. Since our farm started running well, they had been going out on weekends, having dinner in a restaurant or at their friend's house. I saw they weren't ashamed to hang out with their friends anymore.

I had a meal. Just a cold ham sandwich, leftover mashed potato from lunch and an apple juice while watching a Netflix movie in the living room.

My phone beeped. A text message.

Sebastian: What are you doing?

I smiled and replied.

Me: Having dinner with Ryan Gosling.

Sebastian: Seriously?

I rolled my eyes. He didn't get my joke.

Me: I'm watching The Notebook on Netflix.

Sebastian: [laughing face emoji]

Sebastian: Get an early sleep tonight. You need energy for tomorrow.

Me: Are we going rock climbing?

Sebastian: I'm not telling you [Zipper mouth face emoji] But definitely, you'll do some climbing tomorrow [Evil emoji]

I didn't have to ask. I knew what he meant.

Me: Even by text, you made me blush [Blushing Emoji]

Sebastian: Good to know [happy face emoji] My thoughts about you making me blush [blushing face emoji]

Me: [Face with rolling eyes emoji]

Sebastian: [laughing face emoji]

We had been talking on the phone earlier. He told me about his meeting with Mr. Takahashi, his presentation, the board of directors' reaction, closing the deal and the wonderful lunch that followed with his grandparents and Mr. Takahashi. I also told him what I had been doing the whole day, which was spent most in the farm packing potatoes.

Me: What are you doing?

Sebastian: Having dinner with Angelina Jolie.

I laughed.

Me: What are you watching? Tomb Raider?

Sebastian: Nope. I'm actually having a business dinner with her and some of our executives to discuss a charity event.

Me: [Shock face emoji]

Shocking. He was in a meeting and yet had time to flirt with me.

Sebastian: I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Before I could reply, there was a knock on the door. I checked the time. It was eight in the evening. Who could that be?

I peeped through the door hole and sighed when I recognized a familiar face.

It was Jace, holding a water bottle.

"Hi Sweet," he greeted the moment I opened the door. "Sorry to disturb you. I just want to ask for some drinking water. I forgot to buy it on my way here. I need to drink my meds."

"Sure. You just arrived?" I opened the door wider to let him in.

"Yeah. I'm staying for the weekend to fix the plumbing."

I followed him as he headed directly to the kitchen. He took some water from the water dispenser and took medicine.

"What meds are you taking?"