Wattpad Original
There are 56 more free parts

29

Sweet

My stomach gurgled. Darn it, I'm suddenly hungry. It's five thirty already, and the last time I ate was around twelve. Good thing when we passed by a cafe earlier, Sebastian bought half a dozen croissants and two orders of café Americano for take away. He had the coffee put in a thermal flask so it wouldn't get cold easily.

"Can I have some croissants, please?"

"Sure," Sebastian reached for the paper bag at the back, "I'll eat too."

I pulled to the side of the road and stopped the car. We ate our croissants and shared the hot coffee. We were talking about his recent travels in Switzerland and Japan. How he liked both countries - the beautiful scenery, the fresh air, cleanliness and all.

"I've never been out of the US," I said honestly.

"Oh," he nodded, "not even Canada or Mexico?"

"Never," I shook my head. "Money was always tight in our family. We had nothing to spare for a long vacation. We only visited my Grandpa Roy's house on Long Island during the summer."

"Where you developed a terrible phobia of boats and waves."

"Right," I agreed and dismissed the topic right away.

It was beyond terrible that it crippled me for years. I thought I could never survive the pain of losing the most important person in my life.

A loud thunder interrupted our conversation.

"Let's go?" I turned to Sebastian, who had already finished his coffee.

"Yeah, we should," he replied.

I started the car, and it fired easily to life. But when I changed gear from Neutral to Drive, it stuck.

"I can't move the gear." My hand grabbed the gear forcefully.

"Let me," he tried, but also failed. The gear was stuck at Neutral. "The shifter cable got broken."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely. I had a similar problem with one of my cars. I can repair this with the right tools."

Of course, there's no doubt about that. He's a mechanical engineer and invented robots.

"I have tools at the back. But can you manage now? It's getting darker."

"It's going to rain too," he took his phone from his pants pocket, "it would take a while to fix the problem. For now, it's more advisable to ask for rescue."

"You're right," I agreed without question.

"I'll have Max send a mechanic and a chopper for us."

He was on his phone, while I was on mine. I tried to message Mom that I would be late, but it failed. My phone had no signal.

"Dammit," he cursed, and put his phone down, "there's no signal in this area."

I sighed and turned to him. "I guess we have no choice but to fix the car."

He nodded and opened the door. "Come on, show me your tools. Do you have a flashlight?"

"Um, I don't think so. We can use our phones."

"My phone is running out of battery. We'll use yours," he went out of the car and I followed.

"I'm on my last ten percent," I said to him, and he just looked at me, his hands inside his pants pocket.

Darn it. He looked so gorgeous standing there, looking so tall, dark and dangerous.

He chuckled nastily and my forehead furrowed.