Wattpad Original
There are 28 more free parts

57

Sweet

"Welcome to the Stavrakos Estate." Sebastian said the moment the helicopter landed on a property on the outskirts of New York City.

The door of the chopper opened, and Sebastian helped me step down.

My eyes roamed around the estate. It was so beautiful. The tall trees, shrubs, bushes and garden looked so alive. They trimmed the bed of green Bermuda grass to perfection. The air smelled like heaven, so fresh.

The entire estate showed the extreme power and massive wealth of the Stavrakos. The mansion, in solid rectangular concrete, stood in the middle of the enormous property. In front of it was a gigantic fountain with a lion in the center.

"Is this your parents' house?"

His eyebrows rose, then smiled. "Just wait and see."

I sighed. The weight in my heart was getting heavier. I was serious when I told him I hated surprises, especially if a surprise involved facing his mother, Elena Stavrakos.

But I wouldn't tell Sebastian about his mother's warning. The last thing I wanted was to create friction between them.

Sebastian led me towards the mansion, and as we got closer, my heart hammered faster. The anxiety I felt was increasing.

"Are you okay?" Sebastian asked. He must have noticed that I kept on sighing to calm my nerves.

"Yeah." I smiled lightly, to give him assurance that I was fine.

He drew me closer to him. His arm went around my back as we ascended the stairs leading to the main door of the mansion.

The thought of meeting any member of the Stavrakos family made me so nervous. Elena Stavrakos disliked me, and I wondered if the rest of Sebastian's family felt the same way towards me.

The double door of the mansion opened and an older woman came out, wearing a white and yellow kaftan dress.

"Hello, Sebastian," she didn't sound surprised to see us. Obviously, she expected us. Her eyes lit up when she turned to me. "Finally we meet, Sweet."

Before I could say anything, Sebastian introduced us.

"Sweet, this is my grandma, Pia Stavrakos. Grandma, meet Sweet."

"Hello, Mrs. Stavrakos. It's my pleasure to meet you."

"Same here," she smiled brightly, and gave me a brief hug.

At that moment, I felt so relieved. I couldn't see any hint of dislike from her. Her welcome was very warm and friendly.

"I'm glad you came with Sebastian. Now we can bond and talk about him." Her expression turned to excitement. "I'll show you his baby pictures and videos. He was so cute."

"I can't wait," I replied with excitement.

"Oh no," he shook his head, "please don't embarrass me, grandma."

She chuckled, then said, "Your grandpa will be down in a minute. He's just taking a shower. Come inside."

The door opened wider by the butler and we all advanced inside the house.

Outside, the house was already amazing, but inside, the design took my breath away. I looked around and saw elegant decorations like molding, a crystal chandelier, a Victorian sofa, and antique art pieces.

We arrived at the balcony, and its amazing view captivated me. The scenery was so colorful, like a painting. There were flowers in different shapes and colors. Behind them were trees, shrubs, and a lake.