Wattpad Original
There are 33 more free parts

52

Sebastian

My spirit was high when I entered the Stavrakos Building on Monday morning. I greeted James, who was waiting for me in the lobby, and everyone that I came across with. From the guards, receptionist, janitors, employees and heads.

"What's going on, sir?" James, who was trailing behind me, asked when we were inside my office.

"What do you mean?"

"You're acting strange, sir."

"Strange?" My forehead wrinkled, and he continued. "What's strange in greeting everyone? I normally do that."

"Yeah," he nodded slowly, unsure, then said, "but not this extra. I wonder what happened to my boss, Sebastian Stavrakos. Who are you?"

I chuckled aloud and settled behind my desk.

"Ah, I'm still the same person, James. I'm just happy, you know. That date you set up on the yacht last Saturday was perfect." I lifted my hand and gave him an okay sign. "Thanks, that was wonderful."

In fact, it was beyond wonderful. I experienced a new level of euphoria by being physically and emotionally closer to Sweet. Now that I got intimate with her, I'm intensely craving for her.

"I presume it was not a 15-minute coffee date anymore, sir."

"Right," I smiled smugly, "Sweet stayed through dinner."

"I'm sure you talked and settled your differences, sir."

"Definitely. I feel that we're more connected now. This time, I can say that we're dating for real."

"Hmm," his lips pressed together, "so, does that mean that you forget your revenge plan on Miss Treble?"

"What revenge plan?" My brows creased, then I saw James roll his eyes.

I laughed, then leaned back against my high chair.

"I just made a fool of myself. My plan backfired on me. I no longer want to get revenge on Sweet. I like her and want to take our relationship from fake dating into something real."

"That's a good idea, sir. I always predicted that this would happen."

"Really? You must be a psychist."

"No," he shook his head, and chuckled, "one doesn't have a psychist to figure it out."

The door immediately opened, and Mom stormed in. Again, without knocking.

James greeted her, then excused himself and left.

I sighed and directed my attention at her.

"What brings you here early in the morning, Mom? Something urgent came up?" I asked her.

She put her Birkin bag on my table, slowly, dramatically. Then took her dark shades off.

"It's not urgent." She sighed, then sat down in an armchair across from me. "I just have to attend the Women's Elite Organization on Wednesday night."

I could see the problem already. It will be Wednesday. Our family dinner day. It was a very important day for the family. No one would miss it unless it was really urgent. As declared by Mom and approved by the old folks.

"It's Wednesday. I thought you give importance to the family dinner more than anything else."

"I know, right? It's just a minor event, a book birthday party, but I have to be there. I lost my chairmanship because of your recent scandal with Sweet Treble." She hissed, "it made the members question my parenting. Now, I must be present, even on minor occasions, so I can get back the position."