Wattpad Original
There are 19 more free parts

66

Sebastian

"You got kidnapped?" Her eyes grew enormous in horror. "How?"

"I joined an overnight camping trip with some friends I hardly knew. You know, I was trying to be independent and rebellious at the same time. I got fed up with all the nannies and bodyguards that surrounded me, following me everywhere. I felt like I didn't have freedom like the other kids."

"Well, you were born mega rich. Your parents were only concerned for your safety."

"Yeah, they did. But being young, I didn't realize that. I got embarrassed and often my peers made a joke about it. I want to be this cool guy in school, you know, but I can't achieve that with all the bodyguards and nannies lurking in the background."

"I understand how you feel," she touched my arm, caressing gently. "So, how did it happen?"

"I rarely brought my dog, Monty, but I just felt like he needed a break too from being at home always. He was my buddy, you know. He even slept in my bed. So, early morning, our second day in the camp, I took him for a walk while everyone was still sleeping. I knew my bodyguards would follow me, so I played a trick. It was always like that with us, like playing hide and seek. Giving them a hard time became my business."

"I can imagine you at sixteen, being a pain in the ass."

"I was being shallow and rebellious."

"Is that how you lost Monty as well?"

I nodded and continued my story.

"So, I ran to the forest with Monty, with no clue where I was going. My mission was to hide from the bodyguards. I was always confident that they would find me or else Dad would fire them." I pressed my lips tightly together and sighed. "I was feeling victorious. I could smell freedom, when suddenly, three men stopped me on my track."

"Oh, no." Sweet leaned her head on my shoulder.

The memory was still so vivid. Ten years ago.

"Just take him! Leave that fucking animal!" The leader, a man wearing a balaclava holding a gun. He shouted at the two men, both wearing Halloween masks, and were holding my arms.

One man holding me kicked Monty in the stomach, and my buddy whimpered in pain.

"Monty, listen. Leave," I ordered my dog to leave, for his safety. But he came to my side and wouldn't leave me.

The same man kicked the dog again.

"No! Stop kicking him! Let him leave," I struggled, trying to fight the man, but their leader pointed his gun at my head.

"Behave, son. Or I'm going to blow your head," the leader said, then ordered the two men to take me to the van.

The men dragged me to the side of the road where a van was waiting. When the two men pushed me inside the van, I fought hard and escaped.

"Stop, kid, or I'm going to shoot you." I heard the leader say. But I didn't listen. I ran as fast as I could while the two men were chasing me.

Then suddenly, I heard a gunshot. I thought I got shot.

I stopped running and turned to see, standing in front of me, was my ever loyal bodyguard, Oscar. He got shot in his chest. I realized he took the bullet aimed at me.

"Oscar!" I shouted at him. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

He looked at me, his eyes welled with tears. "Go," he said, then he fell down on the ground.