Wattpad Original
There are 50 more free parts

35

Sweet

Tuesday afternoon, I had a zoom meeting with my publisher. I was in my room, the only place where I had privacy.

"We reviewed the draft that you submitted, and we like that you included your dates with Mr. Stavrakos," the head publisher, Carol Sander said. Her tone was very professional.

"I'm glad you like it, Miss Sanders. We dated four times already, and the last one, he accompanied me home to Dansville. It's when my car broke down and we took shelter in the cottage."

"Yeah, your cottage adventure was interesting, definitely, it was a nice hook to the readers."

I kept my fingers crossed, as I listened to her. What I had with Sebastian in the cottage was very exciting, I hoped they would consider it as a replacement for the princess drama exposé.

"But," she paused. Darn it, I hate the buts, it makes me so nervous. "We still thought the princess drama is the scoop we need. It's very controversial, you know. Even the two princesses kept it a secret. Everyone wonders, what's the story behind it. It would be a blast if you can write about it, since nobody knows what really happened."

Oh no. Not the princess drama again.

She scribbled something in her notes, then continued, "If you find it difficult, maybe you can provide a stronger secret about Sebastian. Maybe his sex escapades?"

Sex escapades? Salacious details of his sex life?

"I'll try, Miss Sander."

"You don't try, Miss Treble, you have to do it. Or else," she shrugged her shoulders, "we're not sure if we can move forward with publishing your book."

My heart sank. I couldn't allow my dream to vanish in thin air. I've been talking to them already, I couldn't just give up.

"If you'll give me a chance, I'll write another draft. I have no idea about the princess drama either, but I'll do my very best to find out from Sebastian."

I had no choice but to find courage to ask Sebastian about the princess drama, or else, my dream of having a book published by Dreamers Publishing House would be completely over.

"Okay. We'll give you another chance. How long can you submit your draft? Can you do it in two weeks' time?"

I sighed with relief for another chance, But two weeks due was still a pressure.

"How about in three weeks?"

"Hmm..." She studied her desk calendar, then said, "let's make it a month then, to give you ample time to work on it."

"Thank you, Miss Sander. I'll make it so good. Promise."

After we hung up, I prepared the questions that I'd ask Sebastian on our next date. First about the princess drama, where Princess Serena of Romania and Princess Harriet of Norway were involved.

Why did they quarrel over Sebastian? There were speculations that Sebastian messed up with his dates, and the two princesses arrived on dinner at the same time. Others said it was the other way around. The two princesses tried to fool Sebastian by coming to dinner together.

Some news said there were exchanges of insults, plates were flying, someone threw a knife, and someone had tantrums like a toddler. Some sources said it was very chaotic in the restaurant. But they were all speculations. Nobody knew the real story. The restaurant was closed in private that rainy evening, and the witnesses were the waiters and the manager, who swore to keep their mouths shut.

As my back up plan, I also prepared questions about his personal life. I aimed to dig his darkest secrets and his sex escapades, as my publisher wanted. I'm sure he had many.