Wattpad Original
There are 47 more free parts

38

Sebastian

Sweet was silent, making me feel so unnerving. We were on a helicopter, to take her home to Dansville.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm tired and sleepy." She answered without even looking at me.

I moved closer to her and offered my shoulder, "here, you can lean on me."

She shook her head, "no, thanks." She answered, and leaned her head at the window of the helicopter instead.

I wanted to know what she was thinking. It was very frustrating, you know, hanging there, waiting for what would happen between us now. Although I have this revenge plan set in my mind, I didn't want us to end so soon. I was not ready to let her go.

Not now when I'm in the peak of enjoying her company and wanting to be with her always.

She wanted to be kissed, but not to go further than that. She rejected my advances earlier, stopping me when my body was boiling with heat. Damn, I underestimated my desire for her, I was burning with need for her, like I was hanging on my last breath.

I sighed, then pressed my lips together.

There is no doubt, I'll get her out of my system once I make love with her. I'll get bored and tired of her, especially when she gets so clingy. I thought positively.

At the moment, pressuring her into talking and opening feelings, when she was not ready would only mess things up more. She was confused as I was. It was our first real kiss and I admit, it was a thousand times more explosive than our first time at the cottage.

She needed time, and I'd give it to her.

***

The following day was Sunday. I went home to my family's mansion to join everyone for lunch.

I entered the house and collided with Luna who was standing at the main door. She looked strange in her all black long sleeve outfit, not suitable when the weather was bright and sunny.

"Look out! Are you drunk? You should watch where you're going." Her lips twisted.

"Why are you blocking the entrance?" My eyebrows raised, "and I'm not drunk, okay."

I had been sober for too long already. I didn't even go to Tucker's birthday celebration last night. I was tired of all that drinking and talking nonsense. But he called me early this morning, thanking me for my gift. An Air-King Rolex watch.

"Well, you have bloodshot eyes." Her arms clasped together.

"Thanks." I rubbed my eyes and advanced to the living room.

"Hey, son," Dad called out on me. I turned and saw him descending the grand staircase, "I've been meaning to talk to you about the Japanese project."

"What about it?"

"Just checking on your presentation. I want to take a look at it before we leave for Bali this coming Friday." He stood at the foot of the stairs, his hands digging in his pants pockets.

"No worries. It's almost done. It just needs the sales figures of our Southeast Asia market in the last five years."

"That's good you're making progress on it. Once it's ready, hand it to me by Thursday."

"Yeah, I will." I answered, ready to leave his side and join the others.

"Wait," He raised a finger briefly. "Just a reminder. This is a very huge project and means a lot to the company if we close the deal."