Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

76

Sweet

That evening, I was overwhelmed by emotions. I wrote a blog about lying in relationships before I went to bed.

Hello my lovely readers,

Have you experienced being lied to by someone, especially in a relationship?

If you lie in a relationship, it can really hurt. Trust is super important in any healthy relationship, and lying can totally destroy it. Just so you know, lying doesn't only mean telling a complete lie. Not being completely honest can also be seen as lying.

If your partner lies, it can throw off the balance of power. The lying partner might think they're in control because they know something the other partner doesn't. This could make him/her lie more and mess up communication...

After I posted my blog, my readers were curious about why I picked the topic about lying in a relationship. Oh no! They were wondering if someone had lied to me, or if it was Sebastian.

Okay, Sweet. Calm down. Just calm down. I said to myself.

I felt a bit relieved when I continued reading the comments. Majority thought I just did it for the blog.

***

Monday morning, I woke up early to see the comments on my blog, but turns out everyone was talking about Sebastian. There were even pics of him in the karaoke joint.

Guess who's back in the game? Sebastian Stavrakos, the young Greek billionaire and future CEO of the Stavrakos business empire. He was spotted chilling in a karaoke bar in NYC last night. People were like, does this guy even sing? No one's heard him sing before.

No sign of Sweet Treble, the girl he's dating right now. Is it 'cause we sense trouble in paradise? It's over already after two and a half months of dating? Most likely, 'cause he stayed away from the bars and girls to chase that small town blogger. So, what went down? Is our hot young billionaire tired of chasing and ready to go back to his old ways?

Well, that's another mystery we'll uncover soon!

Looks like he's back in action. My lips got all tight after reading the article.

I was furious and completely let down. He was trying to charm me last night, making me think he really wanted me back. He even said "I love you," but just a few hours later, he went back to his old ways.

Oh God! Does he really think I'm that clueless? Or he was just testing my reaction.

Last night, I was thinking of giving him a chance. What if he's really serious about me? What if he truly loves me?

But after reading this article about him, I changed my mind. I got convinced he'd never change his bad habits. A relationship with him would feel like hitting my head with a stone.

***

At breakfast, we talked about Sebastian after I showed my family the article.

"See? You deserve better than him. He's already out partying and hooking up with girls less than 24 hours after you turned him down. I never trust that guy. I'm telling you, he ain't gonna change." Dad was all like, "I told you so."

"That's right, Sweet. You're already a public figure, no need to get tangled up with someone who's always in the middle of chaos and scandals. That's a huge stressor. It could totally mess up your life and mental health." Erin advised like an expert.

"If you keep dating Sebastian, your life will be a total circus and you won't have peace of mind. The media and paparazzi will be all over you. You'll have no privacy," Mom warned. "You need a simple man to make you happy and live a peaceful life."