Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

70

Sweet

Wednesday morning, I was roaming around the malls of Dansville. Hopping from one shop to another.

Buying a birthday gift for an extremely wealthy woman was really tough because she had everything she could ask for.

It was time for lunch and still; I have got nothing for Elena Stavrakos.

I met Erin in a coffee shop, and we ordered chicken sandwiches, pesto pasta and cold drinks.

"You spent three hours roaming around and didn't get a single thing?" Erin's forehead wrinkled.

"I don't know what to give her." I put my hair up in a ponytail. I was tired and sweaty after my little adventure.

"Just get anything you think she'll be happy to have." She suggested, then ate her sandwich.

"I can't afford a Hermes bag. I don't even have one."

"Right," she chuckled, "even a purse cost a fortune. How about a keychain or a scarf?"

"You're right! I should get her a scarf." I said happily, then I remembered, she only wore Chanel, Dior or Louis Vuitton. My heart sank in dismay. "Nope. Not a scarf."

"How about a watch?" Erin suggested, then looked at my worn out gold plated watch. The gold faded and turned into silver already. She shook her head. "Don't worry, we'll find something later."

We continued eating our sandwiches and talked about her English professor endlessly. She was all phrases on his accomplishments, experiences and especially, his eyes and smile.

I knew Erin had a little crush on Jace and just tried to hide it. But this new crush she had with her professor, I knew her feelings were deeper. She had been talking about him since she entered university.

"Wait. I'd like to check their merchandise on display," I said before we left the coffee shop.

"Sure. They have plenty of stuff for sale." Erin said, and followed me to the shop's merchandise display area.

There were shirts, cups, posters, keychains, tumblers, paintings with quotes and sayings, frames and others.

I stopped and stared at one item.

"I think I found the perfect birthday gift for Elena Stavrakos." I said to Erin, then sighed with relief.

***

Saturday evening, Sebastian fetched me from our house. Dad was still indifferent to him, while Mom and Erin were civil. It saddened me to think that my family still didn't like Sebastian. I wished they would be more forgiving and give him a chance.

I wore an off shoulder white satin dress to the party, matched with silver stiletto sandals. I put on just enough makeup to give a glow on my face, and let my wavy hair fall down on my back. While Sebastian looked sinfully gorgeous in a white shirt under a dark dinner jacket and pants.

A chopper transported us to the Stavrakos Hotel, where Elena Stavrakos' birthday party was taking place. The moment we walked through the entrance of the Grand ballroom, many guests stared at us and I felt like melting.

There were about fifty guests inside the room, and Sebastian introduced me to everyone we bumped into. They were mostly his colleagues, business partners, and friends.

Someone appeared behind us and greeted Sebastian with a hug.

Tucker.

"Thank God you arrived. This party is full of middle-aged people who talk only about retirement plans, MRIs and getting a pet." He laughed aloud and got a disapproving look from a middle-age couple who heard him.