Wattpad Original
There are 30 more free parts

55

Sebastian

"I'm surprised you attended a party with Sweet. Did you talk to her?" I asked Mom the moment we got inside my car.

"Of course." She clasped her bag, then covered her mouth with the back of her hand to yawn.

"What about?" I was curious. Judging from the way Sweet left immediately when Mom arrived. I had a feeling something bad happened.

"Do you have to know? They're all girl talks." Her brows creased.

"Did you say anything that offended her?"

Her eyes grew enormous in shock. "Why would I ever do that? Did she say I did?"

"No, of course not," I exhaled heavily, then said, "I care about her, Mom. I want you to treat her nicely."

"When am I not nice?"

"Most of the time," I mocked her, and she slapped my arm.

"You're so mean! How can you do that to your own mother?" She relaxed and settled back in the passenger seat. "How's the family dinner?"

"All good. Grandma Pia has a new puppy. A brown poodle named Choco. She brought it with her in the house."

"Oh, that's nice." She smiled happily. "Hmm...maybe I should get one too."

"Mom." I pressed my lips together tightly, then continued, "I want to talk to you about Sweet."

"Not again." She rolled her eyes. "I'm tired, Sebastian. Can you let me focus on looking forward to catching up with our family dinner and meeting the new puppy?"

"Okay, okay." Suddenly I felt frustrated, so I kept my mouth shut.

***

Everyone was in the living room sitting on the massive Victorian sofa when Mom and I arrived.

The TV was on. Grandpa Gareth was watching the latest news on YouTube. Dad and Grandpa Kristov were talking, most probably, about the Mars project again. Luna was in the sofa's corner, busy scrolling her phone, while my two grandmas, Pia and Celine, were playing with the puppy.

Their faces lit up when we arrived, especially Grandpa Gareth, who sometimes acted like a child. We're afraid he's approaching an early stage of dementia.

"Did you bring me popcorn?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I did." I lied, then turned to Mom. "Where's Grandpa Gareth's popcorn, Mom? I gave it to you."

Mom's lips twisted, and I laughed.

"Yeah, I have it, Dad. Wait, a second." She left and went to the kitchen to ask the chef to make popcorn.

I sat beside Luna. She was on her phone, reading a Webtoon novel.

"You know what? I hate it when guys cheat and refuse to admit it. This emperor is so arrogant and self-centered. He asked for a divorce, and when his wife asked to remarry another guy, who is younger, good-looking and equally powerful, he freaked out."

I chuckled and listened to her as she narrated the love story of an emperor and empress.

"Interesting story. No wonder you're so hooked on it."

"You're right," she nodded, then changed the topic, "So, what's up with you and Sweet now?"

"I saw her tonight. She attended the same party that Mom went to."

"For real?" Her brows creased. "I wonder if they talked."

"Mom said, they did."

"I don't think so. I'm sorry to say this, but Sweet is not among Mom's favorite people."