Wattpad Original
There are 32 more free parts

53

Sweet

Marie and I arrived in the city after a five-hour drive. I was tired, but I got used to driving, it became something that I enjoy doing. After we checked in on our Airbnb, we grabbed some lunch in our new favorite local cafe.

"Yum! This Caramel Macchiato is super delicious," Marie said after sipping her frappe, then took a bite of her croissant, "hmm, this one is so fresh and...umm..."

I chuckled while watching her.

"I must be starving," she answered in a sing-song, "um, aren't you going to drop by at Sebastian's office? It's just a few blocks from here."

My brows creased, "no way. I don't want to bother him. Besides, we're not in a relationship."

"That's the problem. You're making out, having a bit of sex, and yet you have no label. You're not into that."

"I know. It's not my thing. But what can I do? I enjoy being with him. He gives me the thrill and excitement that I've never experienced before."

"He's super attractive. I can't blame you for falling in love with him so easily, especially now that Jace is out of the picture."

She was right. I allowed myself to develop whatever I have with Sebastian, hoping that it could lead to something deeper.

"I'm not totally in love with him, okay?" I protested.

"Sure. Halfway then," she teased.

We finished eating and were ready to leave when I saw in my peripheral vision someone entered the cafe.

It was Sebastian!

He looked so strikingly gorgeous, like a runway fashion model, striding inside the cafe. He was a magnet for women and some men. All eyes instantly turned to him.

Along with him were James and Max, and certainly a dozen of bodyguards lurking at every corner of the cafe.

I froze and undecided if I should approach him or not. It's too public, people will notice us. Do I want attention now? No!

"Are you okay? She asked.

"Look who's here," my eyes directed at the three men standing at the counter.

"Oh, shit!" Her eyes grew enormous. "I can't believe I'm seeing James again. Isn't he gorgeous?"

"Shh...let's go. Now," I hissed, and she frowned.

"Aren't we going to say hi? At least to James." Her expression turned dreamy.

"No. Come on, let's go." I pulled her, but she was hesitant to stand up. The last thing was to attract anyone's attention. Fortunately, we sat in the corner, where a big plant concealed us..

"Wait, please." She clasped my arm, stopping me from standing up. "You've got to see this."

She suggested for me to look as a sophisticated chic girl came up to Sebastian and said hi. She was kind of flirty, touching his arm. My eyebrows rose as I watched them.
Sebastian just greeted politely and stepped back, avoiding the girl's touch. He turned away to talk to Max. Disappointed; the girl sulked at the corner and joined her friends.

"I guess it's true that he's tired of his old habits. Ten points for Sebastian Stavrakos," Marie chuckled, then we left the cafe.

My heart warmed with joy at seeing how Sebastian dealt with the woman. He proved himself as a changed man, and it was another reason for me to hang on to him.

***

We went shopping afterwards. I bought a dress to wear to the party that night. A beige simple dress, contrary to Marie's neon and fluorescent color suggestions, which is not my liking.