Wattpad Original
There are 38 more free parts

47

Sweet

Friday evening, Jace and I attended our high school reunion. We held it at the house of our former classmate. I wore blue jeans, a white cashmere sweater and brown shearling boots, while Jace looked boyishly handsome in a gray shirt under a brown leather jacket and worn out denim jeans.

There were twenty of us who attended the reunion party. The popular ones were there: the It girls, the bookworms, the teachers' pets, the nerds, the gossipmongers and others.

A lot of catching up happened at the party. Career, love life, rumors, children, plans and others. More talking, laughing, singing, dancing, and of course, eating and drinking.

"So, what's the real score between you two? Are you back together?" Lewis, Jace's fellow basketball player, opened up about me and Jace.

Jace looked at me, smiling, "hmm...we're hanging out."

"As in dating?" Fiona, known as a bookworm, looked at me curiously. "I thought you're dating Sebastian Stavrakos?"

I could feel my temple burning with embarrassment. I cleared my throat and smiled lightly.

"Yeah, I'm still dating Sebastian. Jace and I are just hanging out as friends."

Jace came to the rescue right away.

"That's right," he agreed, though his voice sounded not so pleased. "Sweet's helping me renovate my place."

"Oh, I see," Choline, one gossipmonger, butted in. "Amazing that you two are still friends after all these years. Unlike other exes there." She eyed the exes, Fiona and Lewis, who remained enemies since they broke up in high school.

"Of course. There are no hard feelings, actually. The reason we broke up was, his family had to move to China." I informed everyone.

"The breakup wouldn't have happened if we stayed here in Dansville." Jace said positively.

"Aww, that's so sweet." Stephanie, the hopeless romantic, pouted her lips. "I hope you two will get back together."

"That wouldn't be possible, because Sweet is dating an extremely gorgeous young billionaire," Bianca, known as one of the It Girls in high school, joined us.

I remember she used to hang out with Jace before he became my boyfriend. There were rumors that they actually dated. But I believed Jace's words that they never did.

"Ah, he's nothing compared to our boy, Jace," Drake, another close to Jace, interrupted. "Jace is a self-made millionaire. He worked his way up the ladder to make his company become one of the leading app developers in the world. Imagine, at a very young age? And looked at him, Bianca. Are you blind? He's more handsome than Stavrakos. With those deep dimples, he has a killer smile."

Everyone laughed, and I felt very uncomfortable sitting there as they compared Jace against Sebastian.

"Jace is very loyal and the most honest guy I've met," Lewis announced, and everyone agreed on him, except for Bianca.

"Really? How honest?" Bianca challenged, and everyone reacted in the dare.

"Come on, Bianca. What's your problem with Jace?" Drake asked. "We all know that Jace is a very honest guy."

Jace waved his hand, "hey, stop talking about me like I'm not here. That's no fun at all. Let's have another round of tequila."

"Wait, wait. Bianca knows something. Spill the tea, now." Choline insisted, looking so curious. The other girls wouldn't stop pressuring Bianca to talk.

"Do you really want to know?" Bianca asked, and everyone shouted yes. "Okay, I'll tell you. I wonder if you knew about this, Sweet. But I presume you do, since the guys here insisted that Jace is the most honest guy."