Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

72

Sebastian

The elevator shut on me. I pushed the down button for the other elevators, but dang, they were moving at a snail's pace. It forced me to wait. When I got down to the lobby, the guards told me that Sweet had already taken off in a cab.

I attempted to get in touch with Sweet, but she refused to answer her phone.

"Dammit! I'm completely busted," I cursed myself, feeling an overwhelming sense of frustration at the situation I had created. If only I had been more open with her and told her about it earlier, things might have been different.

Deep down, in the recesses of my mind, I had a feeling that something like this would inevitably occur. The person who I least expected to betray me with was Tucker.

"Fuck that dumbass douchebag. I'll handle him once I sort things out with Sweet." I said to myself.

Max came over to my side, ready for me to give him orders.

"Hurry and get the helicopter. We're going back to the penthouse."

"Alright, boss," Max replied.

I gave Sweet another call, but she didn't pick up. Had to call Mom instead.

"I'm sorry, Mom. We have to leave the party. Something unexpected happened."

"What is it?" She sounded really worried.

"Tucker said something that really annoyed Sweet. That jerk went behind my back and told her about my plan for revenge. God knows, that was before I truly got to know her. Now, I'm stressing about screwing things up with her."

"Take it easy. Don't get stressed, or you won't be able to think wisely. She's upset right now, so just let her be and give her some time to cry and heal. When you talk to her, just be real, especially about how you feel."

"Thanks, Mom. I'll keep that in mind."

Later on, I was back in the penthouse with Max, but there was no sign of Sweet. I waited, hoping she got stuck in traffic. I started feeling really uneasy after half an hour.

I called her so many times, even texted her, but she still wouldn't pick up.

"I guess you should give her time to think, boss," Max suggested.

"Can't do it. I'm worried she'll overthink and break up with me for real."

Max couldn't help but chuckle. "You weren't even official yet, and you already broke up."

"Seriously Max? That's not funny." I hissed, and he apologized. "That fucking idiot ruined it all!"

Frustrated and filled with anger, I let out a curse and forcefully slammed my fist onto the center table.

"It's intriguing to think about how he could have possibly found out about your plan for revenge." Max said.

"He must have heard us. You know, he always just showed up out of the blue. Also, he was with me when I brought up the idea of getting revenge on Sweet the day she called me out on live TV."

"He's a pro at connecting the dots."

"Exactly. If things go wrong with Sweet, that bastard's going to pay."

I called Sweet once more, but she still wasn't answering.

"We need to find her ASAP." I ordered firmly.

"Are you sure about that? She's upset and probably won't listen to you."

I sighed heavily, conveying my desperate need to find out her location.