Wattpad Original
There are 46 more free parts

39

Sweet

Jace Hamilton.

My the one that got away.

Our love story started in high school. Jace was a heartthrob who was famous for his good looks and charming smile. He was also a basketball star player and shot perfect three points to every girl's heart. Everybody looked up at him.

And then, there was me. A nobody.

I didn't think he knew me. I was just invisible, and I could only admire him from my window.

Yes, we were neighbors.

I was fourteen, eating cereal in the kitchen with Mom cooking pancakes, when Dad burst in.

"We have new neighbors, they're moving in right now."

"Oh, the one beside us?" Mom's eyebrows rose.

"Yeah. I talked to the guy, Paul Hamilton, he's a computer engineer. They came from Florida and his company assigned him here in Dansville. I guess they're going to stay for a long time, since they bought the house next door."

"Really? That house had been empty for many years already."

"He's inviting us for dinner. Tonight." Dad sat across from me, and started digging in his pancakes.

"That's so nice of him. Okay, I'll bring potato salad." Mom replied.

I wasn't interested to know about our new neighbors. I had more important things to do for school, like finding some insects for my science lab project, studying Math to give a good impression on our first quiz and writing a poem for my English subject.

Later in the evening, Mom insisted that I should go with them.

"You'll be alone here in the house, eating pork and beans. Come with us, you can leave after dinner."

"Nope, I'd rather stay home." I resisted and stayed home alone, making a poem about birds.

Two days later, I arrived at school and heard a fuss in our classroom about a new student, especially from girls. They were whispering and giggling. I sat on my chair, located at the back of the classroom and opened my notes.

"Good morning," The principal entered the classroom, bringing everyone's attention. A boy entered and stood beside him.

My heart skipped a beat, the moment I laid eyes at him. He was so handsome. Tall, lean with slightly curly hair.

"You have a new classmate. Jace, introduce yourself."

"Hi, everyone. I'm Jace Hamilton. My family and I just moved here from Florida. This is another chapter of my life, I'm open to meeting new friends to show me around Dansville." Jace said.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Someone very courageous asked, and everyone laughed.

Jace smiled. A very charming smile that turned me into liquid.

"Nope."

That day changed my life. I experienced my first great crush. I spent the whole period writing Jace Hamilton's name on my notes.

I went home feeling so happy. I ran to my room and wrote a journal about Jace. Describing his physical features, his smile, and how he made me feel.

I was interrupted by an annoying sound at the new neighbor's house. A loud thumping on the ground. I covered my ears, and when it continued, I went to my window to see who it was.