Wattpad Original
There are 67 more free parts

18

Sweet

"So, he's your EX-boyfriend," his expression became distant, like an FBI agent, ready to interrogate, as he leaned back on his seat.

"Yes, he is."

"Did you love him?"

"Of course. You can't be in a relationship if you're not in love."

"Are you still in love with him?"

"Excuse me. You're asking very personal questions."

"I'm just making sure that he's not getting our way now that we're in this dating deal," he shamelessly continued asking, "when did you break up?"

My forehead furrowed. Not liking any bit of his questioning.

"You're asking too much. Is this interrogation necessary? I should be the one asking you for the blog."

"I want to ascertain that you abide by our terms and conditions," his fingers drumming on the table, making me think he had something up on his sleeve.

"What do you mean?" Puzzled, that he seemed to imply that I was in danger of committing a breach of our contract.

His eyebrows rose briefly, then said, "we are to date exclusively. We're not allowed to date anyone while we're into this deal."

So, that concerned him, after meeting Jace.

I leaned forward, holding his eyes.

"I read the contract thoroughly, and there is no clause regarding exclusive dating. I believe we are free to see anyone."

The tapping of his fingers on the table stopped abruptly. His expression turned distant, as he stared at me.

"It doesn't have to be stated in the contract, it's implied," he said firmly in his businessman tone, "It would defeat the purpose of our deal if we see other people. Remember we're doing this to clean my reputation, and yours too."

There was a sudden silence between us, like an angel had passed.

"Yeah, I get your point," I lifted my chin a little, "actually, that shouldn't concern me because I date one guy at a time. It's more on yours."

He smiled lightly, a smile that did not reach his eyes, "I won't do anything to jeopardize our agreement. I'm always committed to my dealings, 1000 percent."

"Same here. This deal means a lot to me, for my family."

"I'm glad that we're on the same page," he looked at the time on his silver watch, and called the waiter to pay the bill. The waiter declined and informed him I already took care of the bill.

I gave the instruction to the diner's manager when I booked our table to charge the expenses to me, but Sebastian was not happy, "I'll handle all the expenses on our date," he insisted and settled our bill.

To my surprise, our topic shifted back to Jace.

"That guy seemed pissed seeing us together."

"Ah, you mean Jace?" My eyebrows snapped together, "he's just being protective. We've been together for a while."

"How long exactly?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "two years."

Jace Hamilton was my boyfriend during high school and my first love. I have strong emotional attachment on him. He was the one who got away all those years before. We wouldn't have broken up if his family didn't move to China. Now I'm glad, he's back and staying for good. I still have a soft spot for him.