Wattpad Original
There are 44 more free parts

41

Sweet

Early Saturday morning, the show Good Morning USA did a live TV coverage of the potato festival event in Dansville.

The female field reporter turned to me and asked, "for how long have you been involved in the potato festival, Miss Treble?"

"Since I was in high school. I've been volunteering in setting up the booths, decorating the stage, collecting garbage, and other things. Actually, the two of us," I smiled and glanced briefly at Jace, who was sitting beside me. "But two years ago, I worked as one of the head committees."

"That's cool, huh? So, you two are really into this." The reporter arched her eyebrows and asked curiously, "I wonder, are you two related?"

"Um, no. We've been friends since high school." I said, before Jace could say anything.

"I see," she nodded, but sounding not convinced. Her eyes were teasing as she turned to Jace, who got forced by the other organizers to sit in the interview. "What about you, Mr. Hamilton? What are you looking forward to at today's event, aside from spending time with Miss Treble here?"

Jace's face turned scarlet red. He raked his unruly hair and smiled shyly.

"Sorry, I can't help but notice the way you stare at her," the reporter smiled widely, stretching her bright red lips. "Are you sure there's nothing going on between you two? I can see the chemistry here, you know. And you two look great together."

"We were high school sweethearts," Jace fed the reporter's curiosity, making her eyebrows rise higher. Then he turned to me, "and now, we're...good friends."

"Oh, that's why," the reporter looked very satisfied, and turned to the camera. "I hope all exes can be friends, just like the two of them. You know, I believe in the saying that the best relationships start off as friendships first. I'm sure many of our viewers will agree on that," she turned to Jace, and asked, "do you agree Mr. Hamilton?"

Jace cleared his throat, then answered, "absolutely, and to answer your previous question, I'm looking forward to joining the games and contests."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot my question. I got a little distracted there," the reporter grinned, then turned to me. "What games and contests do you have here today, Miss Treble?"

"We have many booth games, like the Cross Bow Shoot, Milk Bottle and the Balloon and Dart. After the short opening program, there are fun dance activities to warm up everyone, then the proper contests will begin, like potato eating, sack race, mechanical bull riding and potato stacking."

"I heard your major event here is the potato carrying race, right?" the reporter asked.

"That's right. It's one highlight of the event. The men are expecting to win the trophy this year." I nodded and turned to Jace. "he'll be joining later."

Jace shrugged, and humbly said, "yeah, hopefully, I'll win."

"It's a tough game. I'm sure you did a lot of preparation for today's event. Good luck to you, Mr. Hamilton. We'll be rooting for you."

"Thank you," Jace nodded.

"Is this event open for everyone?" The reporter asked.

"Yes. Everyone is welcome to join the potato festival event. It's a whole day filled with fun, games, excitement and, of course, prizes for the winners. So, I'm inviting you all to visit Dansville today and join in the fun!"

After the interview, Jace joined my family. My brother, Colton, came home for the festival and hung out with Jace, mostly talking about their common interest, basketball.