Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

75

Sebastian

At 7pm sharp, I arrived at Dansville, waiting patiently outside the Treble's house. I sent a text message to Sweet, letting her know we would have dinner together. Even though she didn't respond, I continued to persist and attempted to see her. I felt a deep sense of desperation and urgency to have a conversation with her in order to resolve the misunderstanding between us.

If she's not ready to talk, then at least I tried and let her know that I'm here whenever she is.

I was disappointed to find their house locked and the lights off. Everyone went out and would probably be back soon. But Dansville is a small town, so you could easily find anyone. Max quickly figured out where the Trebles were.

"They're having dinner at a seafood place. They'll likely be back in an hour or two."

"I'll stick around." I said and settled back inside the chopper.

Two hours later and the Trebles still haven't arrived. Max's team told me the family watched a Marvel movie. It would take another two hours for them to get back.

"Are we going to take off, sir?" Manfred, the pilot, asked.

"No. We'll wait until I see Sweet."

It didn't matter to me if I'd spend the night here. I wouldn't leave until I talked to her. I was really, really missing her and not being able to see her felt like something was eating my gut slowly.

"Sir, they're coming home." Max informed me just before midnight.

My heart was racing faster in anticipation of seeing Sweet. I hopped out of the chopper, clutching a bouquet of roses I personally got from the florist.

The Treble family's van parked outside their house. They all stepped out of the vehicle and gave me a look.

I said "Good evening" to everyone.

Mr. Treble twisted his lips, not happy to see me, while Erin just nodded at me.

"Good evening as well, Sebastian. Have you waited for long?" Mrs. Treble asked.

"Just a few hours, Mrs. Treble."

I looked at Sweet. When I saw her, my heart filled up with emotions. I totally missed her. She had her hands in her pants and wouldn't even look at me.

"Sweet. Can we have a talk?"

At first, she hesitated and glanced at her parents, then she nodded.

Everyone went inside the house, and there were just the two of us outside.

I greeted with a "Hi," and she just nodded. "I got this for you." I gave her the bouquet, and she said 'thanks' coldly.

I was dying to give her a big hug and a deep kiss, but she was being all cold and distant.

She led me towards the patio. I pressed my lips together, thinking about the photos of her and Hamilton in that same spot, hugging. But I had no choice. There was nowhere else we could properly talk.

At the patio, we sat on the wicker chairs, and she placed the flowers on the table. She seemed hesitant to speak, so I just went ahead and started.

"It's not what you think."

"Then tell me what it is." She answered.

Inhaling deeply, I prepared myself to speak.

"Yes. It started off as a revenge plan. When you exposed me on TV, I was overwhelmed with anger. Everyone, including my family, whom I relied on so much, turned their back against me. I was being hunted by the media and the paparazzi, invading my privacy. People branded me as the world's most despised individual. I felt judged and pushed around, which made me really mad. No one has ever done this to me before, and all I could think about was getting revenge."