Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

79

Sebastian

For the past week, I've been working non-stop, almost like a robot, in an attempt to distract myself from my emotions. I was feeling a mix of sadness, anger, confusion, and most intensely, the fear of losing Sweet.

However, when I was alone in my room at the end of each day, the weight of my emotions would come crashing down on me. The sense of loss was too much to bear and my mind was consumed with thoughts of Sweet until I fell asleep.

I wanted to give her time and space to process her anger towards me, but waiting proved to be agonizing. Each day felt emptier than the last.

***

On Saturday morning, I found myself in Dubai for a critical meeting with Sheikh Malik, the president of Malik International Airlines. Along with his team of heads, officers, and directors, I submitted my quotation and presented what our partnership could entail.

Sheikh Malik's response was more than satisfactory. After my presentation, he stood up and shook my hand.

"Very impressive, Sebastian. Your presentation is precise and assures us of first-class service. We appreciate the VIP treatment of you coming all the way from New York to submit it personally."

"Of course. We at the Stavrakos Holding Company promise to provide the best service from the beginning of our partnership to the end. You can trust us 101% to keep our word and abide by our contract."

"I have read the glowing reviews from your previous clients and talked to some of them. Unquestionably, your company is the best of the best," Sheikh Malik complimented me.

"Thank you, Sheikh Malik. When do you plan on starting this project?" I inquired.

"We're hoping to start as soon as possible, before the start of the next Olympics, which will be held here in Dubai next year."

"If that's the case, I guarantee we can complete ten commercial planes in a year, including all training, testing, and trials, if you give us the go-ahead now."

He nodded and glanced at his directors. "We'll deliberate thoroughly today to reach a compromise. I will let you know of our decision this evening."

He invited me to join him and his family for dinner at Al Mahara, one of Dubai's most expensive and exclusive restaurants, located inside the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel.

"See you at the restaurant tonight, Sebastian. Assalaam 'alaikum," he bid me farewell.

"I'll be there. Wa 'alaikum assalaam," I replied.

***

I arrived at seven on the dot, to Al Mahara, the seafood joint that has a one-of-a-kind dining experience. The restaurant's interior was like an underwater aquarium, with a massive tank full of exotic fish and sea creatures.

Sheikh Malik and his daughter, Sheikha Maha, were already in the restaurant waiting for me. Sheikha Mana was the CEO of their family's airline business. Both of them would sign the contract to close the partnership deal.

"I apologized for not being at the meeting. I just arrived from Paris this afternoon." Sheikha Maha said formally. She was holding our company's quotation and contract. "I already read your quotation and contract, and baba told me everything that I needed to know in your presentation. To be honest, your quotation is higher than others."

"Yeah, we're aware. But trust me, we'll give you the best quality product and services. The warranty is ten years, which is twice as long as the others."

"That's what I told her," Sheikh Malik said, "we want the best of the best, and your company can only give that."

"Actually, I'm very impressed already, baba." Sheikha Maha shrugged, "I just want to make sure, since this is a five billion dollar deal. Plus, we're going to add another ten commercial planes when we're satisfied with the partnership."