Wattpad Original
There are 12 more free parts

73

Sebastian

My phone buzzed at four thirty in the morning. My heart was pounding like crazy, I was hoping it was Sweet. It crushed my spirit when I saw who was calling.

"Yes, Max."

"I have the most recent update, sir. Miss Treble arrived in Dansville at four in the morning. We were right in thinking she caught a bus right away."

"Good to hear."

I felt so relieved that we located her, and she made it home okay. I was so stressed and didn't get a wink of sleep last night thinking about her.

We spent all night calling hotels and hostels, trying to find out if Sweet was there. Max and his men never stopped looking for her in every place we thought she would be. It really sucked when we couldn't track her down. It made me feel desperate and annoyed.

"But, there's something I got to tell you, and I know you won't like it," Max informed.

My forehead was all scrunched up. "What is it?"

"She came home crying."

"Yup, I knew that was gonna happen." I felt really down when I thought about how much she was hurting. "I really wish I could be with her right now, comforting her and making her understand what really happened."

Max cleared his throat, "sir. Someone was already there to comfort her."

"Who?"

"The ex-boyfriend. Jace Hamilton." Max said, "you can look at the photos I sent you in your email."

I used my iPad to check my inbox. It crushed me when I saw the photos of Sweet and Hamilton talking on her porch. They were sitting super close together.

"What the actual fuck!"

I checked out the rest of the pics. It really pissed me off when I saw him touching her. He had his arms all around her, with her face buried in his neck.

"Fucking shit!" Frustration consumed me as I cursed aloud while fixing my gaze upon the picture. I totally lost it, feeling jealous and mad at the same time.

I felt a sense of disappointment and sadness when she became angry with me and sought comfort in the company of her ex-boyfriend. That jerk totally took advantage of her vulnerability.

"Get the chopper. I need to see her. Now!" I ordered Max and put down my phone.

***

I showed up at the Treble's place in Dansville thirty minutes later and started pressing their doorbell. Mrs. Treble, with her messy hair and pale face, answered the door in her robe, clearly still half-asleep. She looked confused, wondering why I was up so early on a Sunday morning.

"Good morning, Mrs. Treble. I'm looking for Sweet. Can I see her?"

Her eyebrows raised and asked, "isn't she with you? You picked her up last night."

"Yeah, I did. But she's already back here in Dansville this early morning." My face flushed with embarrassment. Now, she would know something happened between me and Sweet.

"Oh, she did?" I couldn't read her expression. She appeared either confused or mad. "Did you two argue?"

Before I could even say anything, I saw Mr. Treble coming down the stairs, looking all mad. Obviously, I messed up his sleep with the loud doorbell.

"Well, something upsets her, and... and I'm here to clear things up." I have to admit, I was super nervous. Despite it being a cold early morning, my brows and hands were sweating.