Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

81

Sebastian

I was in LA on Tuesday on National Robotics Day. It was a full day event with robotic companies showcasing the latest A.I. and robot inventions.

There was an awarding ceremony in the evening. The Stavrakos Company totally cleaned up at the awards ceremony, as usual. The most innovative company on the planet, and the mastermind behind the most advanced robot.

The winners had a short press conference backstage after the event. The media made a big fuss about interviewing me.

At first, they wanted to know about our company's latest inventions. Our robots could solve economic problems and make a positive impact. And then there was the Mars project, exploring ways for people to survive on the planet. But some were so bold and asked personal questions.

"Is it true that you broke up with Miss Sweet Treble?"

"Please avoid asking personal questions. Thanks." I said, but still, no one listened.

"Mr. Stavrakos, what do you think about Miss Treble dating again? Are you even aware of what's going on?"

I pretended not to hear the question and talked about our robots instead. But I couldn't deny that it was already imprinted on my mind. I was furious, and it messed me up.

After the event, Max drove me back to the Stavrakos Hotel in LA.

"You alright, sir?" Max asked when he noticed my temper flaring up.

"Dammit. A reporter said that Sweet is dating."

"Isn't it too soon for her to move to another guy?"

"Exactly, because we're not over yet." I pressed my lips together in frustration and stared blankly through the window. "We still need to talk and settle things between us."

"I think you should check first if it's true, sir."

"That's right. I need to confirm it." I took my phone and pressed James' number. I told him to find out if what the reporter said was true. ASAP.

I had to wait a whole hour for his feedback. I was already in my hotel room, showered, just waiting for James to respond.

"Yeah, it's true, sir. There are some pics of Miss Treble on Facebook, her friend tagged her. She was dancing with Mr. Hamilton at a party last Saturday night."

"Oh shit," my heart weighed me down.

"And there's this article about her yesterday," James added. "A reporter caught her with Mr. Hamilton at an amusement park on Sunday afternoon."

"What were they doing in an amusement park? Dating?" I said with mocking hostility.

"Yup, I think they were. I'll send you the article link right away, sir," James said.

The truth sank in.

My chest felt like it was being squeezed and hurt like hell. My hands were shaking as I opened the link and read the article.

Sweet Treble's got herself a new man!

Turns out Miss Sweet Treble, the small-town blogger, isn't heartbroken after all. She wasted no time finding a replacement. From the infamous hot billionaire, Sebastian Stavrakos, to her new guy, Jace Hamilton, a rising app whiz and self-made millionaire...

I looked at the pics below the article and saw Sweet and Hamilton chowing down on cotton candy, looking really happy. The media snapped another pic of them on the rollercoaster after they rode it. She was giggling with him.

Seeing them together hurt like hell, like I got stabbed in the chest.

What the fuck! I was trying to be patient, give her some time and space to heal, but she ended up going on a date with Hamilton.