Chapter 44 -A Soju night

The two bottles of soju were clinked as the start of their usual get together.Jungkook took a mouthful of soju feeling the relief through his body.The tiredness and exhaustion made him lean back to his chair closing his eyes.

Jin cleared his throat because of the effect of strong liquid that sliding down his throat while Namjoon was slowly drinking his orange juice.Namjoon wasn't a fan of liquor that he always drunk juices whereas the other two have soju.

Jungkook opened his eyes taking another small sip from the bottle, enjoying the full moon on the sky.Once a while they gathered there at Namjoon's home to have one or two drinks like this.It can be considered as a family thing for Jeons.

"Jin-ah,What did doctor says about mom?Is she fine?". Jungkook tilted his head recalling somi's health checkup.Somi's health did take few drastic turn in the past two years.Jin was so worried about his mother, as well as everyone.

"A-ah...the usual, nothing more.Doctor said to continue her medicine and take rest".A long sigh left Jin's mouth as he remembered hearing the same words over and over again from the doctor.

"Don't worry,She will be fine". Jungkook patted jin's shoulder as Namjoon squeezed jin's hands reassuringly.

No one spoke anything for some time being and was settled in a silence, immersing in their own thoughts.The moon glowed along with the loud din sounds of crickets and cicadas as they drink in silence.

Jin sighed looking at the other two finally deciding to break the ice in there.He cleared his throat having the attention of two.

"H-hyung-".Jin hesitated making Jungkook to raise is brow."I saw tae on today's news....There was another scandal-".

"Stop it ,Jin!". Jungkook rubbed his forehead irritated, cutting off Jin's blabbering from the beginning.He didn't wanted this nice night to go discussing all about him.

"Jungkook hyung, what's going on?Why are you always avoiding the topic?".Jin voiced out his annoyance observing Jungkook with his suspicious eyes.He has enough of this and wanted answers from Jungkook.

"Hyung,Jin is right.We wants to know about what's going on between you and taehyung.You two were staying so far all along and now there is many rumours about taehyung.Is he cheating on you?". Namjoon's brow frowned worriedly.The rumours about tae were going on for so long and every magazine were filled with tae's recent boyfriends that he couldn't calm down but worry more.

Jungkook glanced back and forth of the two infront of him tiredly,finally deciding to speak anything that will make them calm down.He usually shrugged off this topic whenever they proposed it.But hearing Namjoon's ridiculous words couldn't help him but to deny it.

Taehyung wasn't cheating on Jungkook,the boy can date whomever he wishes.There wasn't any boundaries fixed by their marriage to stop tae to do so.And Jungkook is completely open with that ,and is willing to wait for tae to find a potential partner before ending everything.

"Cheating?What nonsense are you saying Namjoon-ah?".Jungkook asked voice laced of disappointment towards Namjoon's questions.

"I-I...I'm sorry..".Namjoon averted his gaze to floor in shame.He didn't intended to ask about it abruptly nor he wanted to over step himself. "I was so worried about you hyung that I couldn't help myself".

"Namjoon-ah...you worry too much then". Jungkook chuckled shaking his head making Namjoon sigh in relief.

"Taehyungie is now a big idol that our nation look forward,So he will have some scandals alongwith him as he grew big in his career.We don't have to mind that ,it just a rumour anyway". Jungkook said trying to convince his younger brother.He can see the frown on Namjoon's face slowly replacing with understanding.

"So why didn't tae came to see you even once after he gone abroad?How many years has it been you two last saw each other?".Jin asked raising his brow still in suspicious.

"Taehyungie is so busy-".

"Even if tae is busy, it's not like hyung can't go and visit him there.We have a private jet for a reason, right?".Jin cut off Jungkook's words making Jungkook irritated.

"Jin-ah,I don't want to be a obstacle in his career, nor I want to distract from his work.I have my own reasons for not visiting him.So I hope you won't make many false assumptions about my relationship anymore". Jungkook said his face darkening slightly.He closed his eyes finishing the liquor in one go.

"We should call off for today,I should head home..It's getting late". Jungkook said as he stood up.Namjoon and jin looked taken back but didn't stopped Jungkook as they don't want to angry him more.

Jungkook bid his leave from there after wishing goodnight to his sweet little niece bora without forgetting.The drive to his home was in silence, only the light music from the radio playing made it lively.

The song 'still with you' was playing now as Jungkook's lips tugged upwards unknowingly.That song was so his type ,eventhough he wasn't considered himself anywhere near romance.On the way back to his home Jungkook usually heard it for some reason.The way it's lyrics synchronise with its rhythm made that song so special.

On that note ,Jungkook remembered it was also a night like these when he first saw taehyung.The same way back to his home after visiting Namjoon.Then also he had heard the exact same song from his radio.

Jungkook parked his car side to the road as he exited, lighting a cigarette.He leaned back to his car as he stood looking the shining moon above him.

He slowly put the cigarette to his lips and took a long drag.There wasn't anyone on the street as he closed his eyes feeling the coldness of night.

Slowly Jungkook's mind filled with those tears brimming face of that boy who stood helplessly infront of him from that night.A small smile formed on Jungkook's lips as he remembered the excited face and those soft voice of the kid.

It felt nice back then to have someone there wating for him at home , someone depended on him, someone who erased the loneliness that unknown to him.Eventhough for a small fraction of life Jungkook was happy then,with his taehyung.

Jungkook chuckled remembering the tiny deatails of that night when he saw the boy for first.He opened his eyes looking the pathway nostalgic but disappointed when he couldn't find that familiar face anywhere like back then.He thrown the cigarette on the ground stepping on it as he drive away from there.... forgetting the memories of everything slowly.