Chapter 46 -A dinner

Jungkook dusted his coat, entering the restaurant along with Amy.He walks into their reserved room for dinner, smiling softly at the sight of Sofia.

Sofia is elegant as ever, or one can say ,she is dashing.She turned to Jungkook,a beautiful smile dancing on her lips as her eyes scanned him.

Jungkook extended his hands , greeting her pleasantly."Sorry,Did you wait too long?".He asks taking a seat opposite to her and gesturing Amy to sit beside him.

Sofia shrugged ,still smiling."No,I didn't.you are on time. Infact five minutes earlier than the agreed time".Sofia pointed at her watch , shaking her head with a chuckle.

Soon the waiter served the table with foods and wine.They both engaged in work as the night progressed.Jungkook enquired about the business status of her new projects and plans.And sofia never forget to add some witty jokes to make the meeting more pleasant.

Jungkook smiled as they finished their dinner.The meeting with Sofia was good and success.

"Care to join for a drink , Sofia?".

Sofia smiles nodding her head seemingly more interested than before.Jungkook had a pretty good friendship with her throughout these years.They got along fastly and had maintained a space where Jungkook could be himself.He can share his problems in life and works with Sofia.

In those years after taehyung had gone, Jungkook came to know Sofia more.She is the only friend Jungkook could approach for a suggestion or advice that freely.May be the perks of being same age made them so close.

Jungkook dismissed Amy and drives to the bar with Sofia.They sat down away from the center but at the slightly shady corner of the bar.It gaves an ambient light yet provides a good vibes to get drunk.

Jungkook put an ice cube on his shot and whirl the glass, leaning back to the chair.While Sofia ordered something non-alcoholic and took a small sip.

"Why did you come here ,if you aren't going to have something strong?". Jungkook chuckled shaking his head.

"Thought I could give you some company?".Sofia smile teasingly.

Jungkook raised his brow at Sofia but didn't comment on it, Instead he took a big sip of his drink.The strong liquid slide down his throat and strike his brain in an instant making him relax.The liquor provide the energy that he wanted.It was the only relief element for his tiring life.

"Did something happened, Jungkook?".Sofia asked carefully, tilting her head.

Jungkook shook his head ,but a small smile lingering on his lips."Why? Why do you think something happened?".

"Jungkook,I bet something did happened.What is it?".She asked frowning her brows concerned.

Jungkook chuckled shaking his head , running his finger over the rim of the glass."Nothing much.I'm just in a shity mood because of the heavy work load.It always putting me on edge in these past few weeks".

Sofia nodded but didn't seems to believe him."Ohh..is that's so?The work is hectic?".

"Yes,it is".

"Then what about taehyung?".Sofia asked nonchalantly , making Jungkook froze.She could see Jungkook's grip on the glass tighten and he became stiffen upon mention of taehyung.

Jungkook finished the drink in one go and pours more liquor into his glass."What about him?".He voice in a dismissive manner.

Sofia sighed and roll her eyes disapprovingly.She knew Jungkook is like this because of taehyung.

She still remembers the young boy who tagged along with Jungkook like yesterday.How could she forgot that jealous prick who shouted at her infront of everyone!!.That little brat insulted her in her own party!! She is still holding a grudge for that, but except for that she likes him.

After a few weeks of that incident happened, Mr.Jeon had himself apologized to her and she did requested to see taehyung personally.But to her surprise tae weren't in korea.

Later she got to know the tangled mess of their life.She didn't ever imagined she would came to know the truth of Jungkook's marriage that no one knew.She don't know why would Jungkook told her out of all people about the truth that his own family doesn't know.

Sofia sighed being done with Jungkook."Are you that egoistic that you can't say you miss him?".

"No, I am not-".

"Jungkook,maybe you are!".Sofia insisted, giving a pointing look to him."You really miss the boy! Can't you just call him now?" Jungkook's face darken upon Sofia continued.

"Don't say, it is because taehyung still have feelings for you! Look how many years has it been and how much everyone has changed from the past.I'm sure taehyung's feelings for you have changed.Tae may have totally forgot about you or might have find someone better for himself".Sofia crossed her arms over chest , challengingly staring at Jungkook.She is well aware of the news of V on the medias.

Jungkook runs his fingers through his long hairs irritatedly.His lips formed a thin line as he considered Sofia's words.

It is so many years when he last heard the boy's voice.Tae did tried to contact him during the first few months after going abroad.But Jungkook was the one who ignored taehyung's calls by making up so many silly reasons.He ended taehyung's call saying he was busy with works or in a meeting...And slowly the calls and messages stopped......

At first jungkook was relieved but later there was an unsettling feelings formed in his stomach making him worry and guilty.He subconsciously erased taehyung from his life.

He never wanted to influence taehyung feelings by his presence nor simply by anything.He intentionally made the boy to see the vast world and people who are better out there for him.

Jungkook chuckled nodding his head.Maybe Sofia is right.He may really missing that little one.

Jungkook looked up when Sofia took his hands in her. "kook, listen to me ,You are really stuck in the past.It is time for everyone to move on.You should move on , Taehyung should move on!You should talk to him, Jungkook.Maybe we should leave the past as past and live up the future from now".

Jungkook smiles genuinely for the first time of the day."Sofia,do you think I don't know that? But it isn't-". Jungkook huffed when Sofia glared at him."Okay I miss him.But it feels like everything is good as how it is now.Everything is perfect! And isn't that what I'm hoping for?".

Sofia squeezed Jungkook's arms, smiling widely. "You won't know that until you talk to him.So give it a try Mr.jeon".

Jungkook smiled fondly at her.They enjoyed each other's presence in that night.They left the bar slightly after that.The drive to her house was in comfortable silence.

She exit the car and turned to him with a smile,stopping Jungkook to drive away."So like I said we will go together for park entertainment's annual party".She said making Jungkook nodd.

Then suddenly Sofia leaned forward through the car window ."Also for your info, I'm still single.Maybe we can try to hit off if tae is really out of pitch for you".She whispered before giving a naughty smirk at him.

"Night !". Jungkook shook his head but smiles affectionately at Sofia before driving off from there.

Sofia warped the overcoat tightly around her missing the warmth already.She stood there,looking at the disappearing car, till it out of sight. Taehyung is right... Jungkook can be super dense sometimes.......

She smiled sadly walking towards the big mansion infront her.......