Chapter 76 - Shatter

Jungkook don't know how many hours had passed standing there infront of his parents.but it was dark now as he looked up the sky.

Even the last rays of setting sun slowly disappeared from his view, casting everything in darkness.He lighted a candle and placed infront of his parents tomb.Their faces could see through the flickering of the candle.Yet he felt empty.

Not even the gentle breeze that caressing him made him feel not less.........

The unexpected turns of events in that day left him quite soared.Everyone had criticized about his marriage ,their each comments was heartbreaking and painful.Yet he had believed in his love.

Not even Jimin's hurtful words did mattered.He believed he could-...they could face everything together.He wanted to feel younger's slender body against him, to hear tae whispering reassuring and comforting words, to believe they can love despite everything.He was hopeful untill the very end.

But what he had least expected was to see taehyung in another man's arms.To witness that kiss...Infact to see his love kissing someone other than him.It was quite painful.

He had forget to breath at the sight.The sudden jealousy and rage were replaced with a mere disappoint atlast. In truth tae hadn't said love you back even when Jungkook had said many times. Tae hadn't promised to be his. And Jungkook knows it is too much to ask for.

In truth taehyung wasn't his husband only, but a famous idol whom many fans looks up everyday , to whom jimin had sighed a contract with! Younger deserves better, a better life, better career and even a......better partner.

"Hyung".Jungkook heard his brother's voice from behind yet he didn't turn as he stood there.

"Jungkook Hyung, what's going on?". Namjoon asks firmly yet Jungkook could imagine the worried and furrowed brows of him.

Jungkook heard the footsteps before he could feel the presence next to him. It was quiet as they both stood in silence infront of their parents.

"How did you knew I'm here?". Jungkook asks slowly,yet his voice didn't had the strength it usually have.

"You always comes here when you want to be alone. How could I not know!".Namjoon gave a small smile to ease the tension."It isn't a secret as you think hyung".He chuckle but his smile slowly fade as Jungkook looked so lost.

Namjoon sighs and looks away feeling his chest tightness."Hyung-".He clear his throat and his voice hardening as he spoke."I was only eight when our parents died. From then on its is always been us, together. Yet I always felt you are alone. You are always making me believe you are alright when you are not".Namjoon drew a breath and shook his head." I am not young anymore hyung that you have to hold everything by yourself. Even if I'm oblivious,even if don't know what's going on around me. Atleast I know you're sad when I see you".

Jungkook was taken back hearing those words.He felt guilty to make Namjoon feel like that ,yet those words strangely comforted him.

"Hyung, just tell me what's going on?".It was just some hopeful and concerned words. Yet Jungkook was hesitant.The fear of ending everything with younger.The reluctancy of saying they were nothing more than benefactors all along.

Jungkook run his hand along with his ring on his finger and grip it tightly untill it pains.The ring scratched his skin and it bleed leaving a wet patches of blood.That sight made him understand it was pointless effort to holding on something desperately.It'll only bleed and hurt. And will only destroy the beautifulness once they had...........

____________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook opened the door of his home only when the sun started to rise.He walked to the kitchen and poured himself some water to ease his dry throat.

"Where were you last night?".

Jungkook froze, but didn’t turn.His grip on the glass tighten when he heard that deep voice.He placed the glass down on the table not even taking a sip.

"I had called you a thousand times yet I couldn't reach you! Do you know how worri-".

"Why do you care?". Jungkook didn't meant to voice it harshly yet he couldn't help but to ask. "Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be with Kai?".

"I-...What?".

Jungkook turned around slowly.His gaze meeting with the blood shot eyes that have dark cycles under them.It nearly made Jungkook guilty and sad to see younger like that.

"You are free". Jungkook's face was void as he continued. "I mean you don't have to oblige to continue this silly relationship anymore. I-I...I'm freeing you from this damn marriage". Jungkook grit his teeth , trying not to stutter."Let's e-end this".

Tae blink his tears away.His heart was beating in a speed terrifying himself."Hyung-".He felt his throat become dry even to speak."W-What are you saying? Don't joke around please. I don't like it hyung".

"I wish I was joking".He sighs and squeeze closes his eyes."I had talked to Namjoon about everything. He was shocked but I'm sure he will understand eventually. Now you don't have no reason to act the sweet married couple infront of them!".

"W-what?!..what do mean? Why are you-".

"Kai is a good man". Jungkook tried to smile ,even though it didn't reach his eyes."You both suit each other.He's smart, funny and is working in same field as you".

There's a flicker of something in tae's eyes, quickly suppressed before Jungkook can read it properly."What?".

They stand there for a moment, looking at each other, before Jungkook looked away breaking the spell."You didn't had to feel bad to choose him over me. I can understand".

"You understand what? What did you mean you can understand?".Tae snap.His eyes glowing with anger, yet tears flows down his face."Why are you talking like that about yourself ? Why do you think yourself so less?!".

Jungkook grit his teeth as he turned to younger."Didn't you see the news ? Didn't you saw how upset your fans about our marriage? Everyone.... Literally. EVERYONE-". Jungkook grip the dining table for support as he continued." -is hating the thought of you being with me. Do you think I am some stone, to not to be hurt by others words? I am just a human! Just another man who has feelings!".

"So you only care about others? What about me?! What about our love? What about the promise of being forever? Are you going to forget about everything just because of this fu*king incident?!".

"Love you say? Did you loved me?".  Jungkook shook his head with a grimace chuckle."Even you-..You were fooling me.While I thought I have you, you wasn't even mine! Are you happy now that you could have me at your feet?!".

Tae flinched at those words.He bite back his tears.His face lost the shine and colour in the stretched ailence.

"I-I... Isn't I'm yours?". Taehyung asks , pinning Jungkook with his blood shot and tired gaze.He stepped forward with each words."Do you think I kissed him intentionally? Did you really thought I was fooling around with you? Do you believe I prefer kai over you? ".

Tae stood infront of Jungkook.Their breathing became even as they looks deep into one another's soul.Jungkook was inch away yet tae felt distant."Don't you trust me?".

Jungkook stared at those eyes which is hopefully looking back at him, yet his mouth didn't move.The silence was killing and hurting.Tae felt his heart ache with each passing second.

Tae gripped on Jungkook's shirt untill his hand pained.He shook his head when another tear drop fell."There is nothing for me to explain if that what you are believing".The sharp words stabbed the wounded heart even more.

Neither of them move.Taeyung's eyes was on Jungkook, capturing every corner of the man he loved.The built body ,those tattooed arms and those piercing gaze that always captivated him.....They were once his.

Tae shook his head and wipe his tears harshly."You are right! It's over between us.I will send my lawyer-".

Jungkook didn't hear anything afterwards. He stand there, watching, even long after tae disappear in the corner of his eyes....................

Author's Note

Story didn't ended yet ,I'll upload the next chapter very soon.....😉