Chapter 49-Breakfast

Jungkook runs his hands through his long messy hair attempting to tame it enough to tie it back.His muscles rippled as he warped his curls in a bun behind his head,veins of his tattooed arm bulging at that movement.

"Morning hyung".

Jungkook turn towards the voice where tae is leaning with one shoulder against the door of his room, hands in his pockets and looking more cocky.Jungkook's lips naturally tugged upwards at the sight of taehyung as he nodded his head in return."Morning taehyung".

He smiles waving his hands for tae to come inside."How was your sleep?".

"Fine".Tae shrugged taking a seat on the couch as Jungkook turned towards him.

Jungkook's smiles widen as he stared back at taehyung's eyes.A nostalgic feelings sprout in his heart seeing tae in his room just like in the past.

The little boy who always sat on the couch doing homework as he waited for Jungkook to finish his works, and the late night talks till tae fall asleep on Jungkook's shoulder... everything was like just yesterday.He couldn't believe how much had changed yet he felt everything is same.Those years they being apart from each other become insignificant just from a simple glance at taehyung's face.Maybe they both had changed...... but Jungkook didn't felt he would ever mind those changes even a little bit....

Jungkook look up, coming out from the trace he was in when he heard taehyung's voice."It didn't changed that much". Taehyung's eyes were scanning his room as Jungkook follows the vision.

Jungkook's room hadn't changed that much in years except some addition of one or two paintings on the wall and an extra table at the end.Also if one could exclude the piles of paper works that scattered all over his table, the room is pitch neat and clean like it never used.

"I was rarely be in home except to get some sleep.Also staying at office is more convenient since I have to go back there in the morning.So nothing more had changed in here over these years". Jungkook shrugged, his eyes settling back to tae.

He did saw taehyung's brow raise in question hearing him yet the boy wasn't voicing out anything.It looked like tae was contemplating to ask or not.Taehyung's gaze was intense and it drills deep into his eyes before tae shook his head leaving a disappointed sigh.Jungkook quirk his brow more amused by the gestures and was going to intrigue the action when once again tae beat him to it.

"I'm free till the noon,So?".

"So?".Jungkook hesitated a little taken aback.His mind rolled as millions of thoughts fought over another.First ,he didn't imagined tae will have a day off considering how famous he is and Second,he never thought tae would like to spend a time with him, especially how things ended between them.

He thought after their casual greetings they would probably off to their usual life.But the seriousness in those eyes infront of him made him realise the opposite.

Jungkook slowly raised his brow to tae, crossing his arms over chest and a lopsided grin on his lips."Then how about having the breakfast first? Aren't you hungry tiger?". Jungkook aks playfully, studying taehyung's face to check wheather he overstepped his welcome.But the wide smirk on younger's lips made him smile.

____________________________________________________________________________

"you didn't told me which is your favourite song of mine?".Tae point out pouring himself some juices.They both were seated in the dining room opposite to each other, having a light breakfast.

"Oh". Jungkook coughs, suddenly remembering yesterday's event as tae hand him a class of water.."Sorry-".He awkwardly clear his throat after gulping down the water."I guess winter bear is my favourite".

"Winter bear?".Tae nod positively before his brows raise curiously."Why?".

"Somehow that song reminds me of you". Jungkook says smiling, before fastly adding."but It's doesn't mean others aren't my favourites.I like almost all your songs.Infact you have an amazing voice , everyone likes-".

"Hyung, that's more than enough compliment for a day".Tae rolls his eyes stopping Jungkook.But Jungkook could make out a small smile on those lips before tae looked away.

They both settled in silence afterwards.It wasn't an awkward but a comfortable silence.They just simply enjoyed the breakfast without any words.

Tae was fully concentrating on his plate while Jungkook's kept glancing back to the boy unknowingly.

Jungkook was curious to know more about taehyung.Afterall he had missed out so much of taehyung's life,yet he couldn't find himself to ask anything.

He could only enjoy the breakfast tae prepared for him.Jungkook can't deny but agree that tae is turned out to be a brilliant cook.As he noted,tae is improved a lot in cooking considering those burnt foods in the past.Either way Jungkook was happy to have a bite of whatever those hands prepared for him.Atleast it means they are okay for now ......

His lips tugged upwards as he took each bite from his plate and his eyes followed tae subconsciously.He was enjoying the sweet silence in between them but it broken by the sudden phone buzzing.

He saw, taehyung smiling looking at the display of the screen and fastly taking the phone on his hand."Excuse me".Tae says standing up and leaving the room for privacy.

Jungkook nodded as he continued his eating but his mind circled in pure curiousity.Who must it be?

When tae returned back Jungkook was already finished his eating and was cleaning the dishes.He glance to taehyung as the boy joined him to wipe the cleaned dishes.

Jungkook hesitated before his curiousity got out of him."Who was it?".He trailed off, subtly glancing at other.

Tae paused for a moment before showing his boxy smile."A friend".He chuckle as his face was glistening in happiness.

Jungkook smiles, nodding in return as his mind rewinded him of the person tae was implying.He could picturise the person who was with tae from the party other night.

Taehyung was like he is in cloud nine when Jungkook saw him at the party with that person.It seems taehyung's lover, or that friend of tae as in taehyung's words, seems very special to younger.

Jungkook is happy in taehyung's happiness.Afterall tae did find his soulmate as Jungkook wished.

He was glad to know he wasn't wrong in the past.Atlast as he predicted, time had changed everything.Taehyung may have realised those silly infatuation towards him is nothing more than a passing fantasy.

Jungkook turned to tae who was standing beside him, before slowly glancing down at those empty ring finger of tae.His shoulder slumps down when he didn't see the familiar wedding ring anywhere around of those long fingers.

Taehyung had proved him he was right,but somehow Jungkook felt disappointed unknowingly .............