Chapter 53-Alone

Jungkook hardly slept the other night after the whole ordeal.The words of taehyung was echoing in his mind that he couldn't close his eyes.

He decided to take a shower trying to ease his troubled thoughts.He closed his eyes as the icy cold water sluiced over his skin.

His mind was pondering long about his deeds and attitude towards younger in the past.The cold water rolled down, flattering his hair to his head, as he stood under the shower.

He did realise his mistakes and wrong doings as he re-enter the room after an hour later.The water droplets from his hair were wetting his pajama when he sat on his bed.

He may had a good reason for sending tae away.Jungkook wanted taehyung to have a broad vision of everything.He wanted taehyung to realise the world is not Jungkook but more.

The boy had a bright future ahead of him and Jungkook was no one to destroy that. There was much great positions and names waiting for tae than a mere title of Jungkook's husband.

Their age was another thing that mattered the most to him.Jungkook hardly saw tae as anything more than a kid , a small boy who is fifteen years younger than him.

He liked what they had and what they were. He treasured tae very much. But he couldn't reciprocate those feelings of the boy.

He didn't wanted to bind the boy to him merely because of the reason of love.He knew tae was blinded by the love, which possibly be an infatuation only.

And for that he hurted the boy, he was hurting himself.

But now he knew he shouldn't had done it.

Jungkook didn't had any right to force tae to do anything against the boy's wish.Yet again he did forcefully send younger abroad.

And he selfishly cut all the ties of contact from tae against his promise.Tae is right,He is full of lies.He didn't answered any of younger's phone calls or texted back to those thousands of messages as he promised he will.

Even without a doubt he knew he is at fault. And the hard truth is that he knew it all along.He knew he is being cruel.....

Breakfast in the morning was an awkward affair. Both Jungkook and taehyung went to great lengths to avoid any mention of yesterday's discussion, and as a result the conversation was stilted and unusually polite.

Long silences stretched out between them, and Taehyung couldn't quite manage to look Jungkook in the eye.

After such an uncomfortable morning, they had parted away to their own offices. Tae didn't acknowledge Jungkook and Jungkook didn't tried to break the ice either.He had decided to give some space to tae.

From the action and words of tae,he was pretty sure taehyung needed to be alone.And Jungkook is willing to gave that space and let the time heal themselves.

____________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook leans back to his chair with a sigh.He places the pen in between the papers and slams close the files when his vision become too blurry to see.His head was hurting and he felt tired.

Jungkook blinked his eyes, trying hard to keep it open,But to his dismay he couldn't.The pleasent evening sunlight itself made him uncomfortable.His eyes was heavy and too tired to even open.

Jungkook wondered what's happening to him.He wasn't a person to fall ill fastly, yet here he is.

He sighs again when he remembered yesterday's long cold shower.It made more sense when he thinks about it.He felt unwell from the morning but he shrugged it as nothing.And now it came to the point that he can't lift his hand to do anything.

Jungkook couldn't believe it is happening to him.He believed his body is fit enough to withstand that much coldness.But guess what, it wasn't!!

He holds his head in both hands and ordered Soobin to make a cup of coffee.He liked caffeine and the strong sensation it can provide.It made him relax to an extend he could continue to work for another hour.

Soobin placed the cup of coffee on the table more reluctantly. "Hyung, are you alright? You don't seem good".

Jungkook tried to smile shrugging Soobin's concern yet he couldn't even twitch a muscle on his face.His hand trembled as he took the coffee and bring it to his lips.

"Should we go to hospital, hyung?". Soobin asks his eyes fixated on Jungkook's shivering hand.

"Why? Are you feeling unwell Soobin-ah?". Jungkook chuckle ignoring Soobin's worries.

"It isn't the time for jokes, hyung".Soobin pout cutely. "Let's go to hospital, please ".

"That doesn't necessary. I'm fine.It's a mild fever and it will go away soon". Jungkook dismiss abruptly. "You should get back to your work".

Soobin brow forrow in concern as he continued despite Jungkook's clear order. "Hyung, You should atleast rest or I will call your husband and tell him that you are sick and needs to consult a doctor-".

Soobin couldn't complete his words before it cut off by Jungkook's sharp voice. "You will call who?".

Soobin gaped his mouth opens and closes like a fish when he realised he had overstepped his freedom.He blinks his eyes rapidly as he stared back at Jungkook."Hyung I-".

"Choi Soobin-".Jungkook raise his hand , stopping Soobin midway. "If you ever,ever dares to speak to me again the way you just have spoken to me now, your threats will be utterly useless because I will have fired you on the spot.I do not appreciate being manipulated or being unprofessional in my office. I won't tolerate it again". Jungkook's voice had an edgy tone as he continued.

"I don't think it's any of your business if I have cold.And If I wanted to I should had called taehyung a long ago.So know your place.I have no room in my company for someone who has no respect for the chain of command.Do I make myself clear?".

"Yes, Sir".Soobin said bowing his head.He left the office soon after that.

Jungkook looked at the coffee where steam rises, that had placed on the table and sigh hearing Soobin calling him 'sir'. It felt weird and strange even to his own ears.

His headache intensified and he felt too tired and suddenly drained of all energy.Jungkook rubbed his forehead and steps out of his office taking his car keys in hand .

To Jungkook's surprise Soobin was on his feet upon seeing him.The boy couldn't hide his concern even after Jungkook lashed out at him earlier.

Jungkook instructed Amy about the details of the report he had verified and was going to go when Soobin had offered to drive him home.

Jungkook smiles as he mumbled a small 'No' and softly ruffled Soobin's hair.He ignore the surprise of soobin as he walked away.

The house was too quiet when Jungkook had arrived there.Eventhough it was only evening ,his eyes felt darker.He open the door of his room as he loosen his tie.

Jungkook felt lonely and helpless all alone.He lays on the bed, staring at the ceiling and then slowly settling eyes on the wedding frame that hangs on the wall.

He had thought of calling taehyung for once but he stopped himself when he remembered younger's words from yesterday. He didn't wanted to trouble tae.Afterall tae had enough of him.....

Jungkook let his eyes close slowly.He could detect a blurry vision of taehyung's smiling face on the photo as it made a small smile on his own lips,...................