Chapter 55 -I'm sorry

Jungkook lie down on the bed with a cold compressor on his forehead.He glance to his side to taehyung who was sitting on a chair near to bed, staring intently at the wet cloth on his forehead.

"You should go to bed, taehyung.It's pretty late". Jungkook says his voice low and raspy. "Also you will get sick if you spend too long here with me".

"I'm staying here if you don't mind hyung.I can't risk leaving you alone when you can't even move a muscle without my help".Tae point out , suppressing a yawn from his mouth. "Also worry about yourself than me!".

Jungkook sigh not having the will to argue back to taehyung.He listen to the ticking sound of clock as the time progressed.His eyes was heavy yet he wasn't sleepy.

He glance back at tae after a half an hour later still wide awake.Jungkook saw taehyung closes his eyes slowly, then forces them open again, fighting sleep, and Jungkook can't stop watching the way those fine eyelashes flutter in their struggle.

Five minutes later, tae falls asleep on the chair with his head fall side.His chest rises and falls with his peaceful breaths, as Jungkook listen through the silence of night.

Eventually Jungkook let his eyes shut drifting to sleep, listening to that peaceful breath of younger.

Tae stirred in his sleep, hearing the profuse coughing of other.He startle, opening his eyes only to meet with an empty bed.He stood and walk fast to the toilet from where the loud coughing and nauseating can be heard.

"Jungkook hyung?".

"Hyung?".

"Hyung, are you feeling sick?".Tae knocked on the door when the coughing continues.There was a streched silence before tae heard a throat clearing.

"-I'm fine ".

Tae squeeze close his eyes and waited patiently on the other side of door.He could here the heavy breath and tired whine making him flinch with concern. "Jungkook hyung? Are you really-".

"Don't be nosy tae.I said I'm fine".

Tae shook his head hearing the strained voice from inside."Got it !".

When Jungkook had open the door, tae reached out an arm to support him.

Tae had helped Jungkook to the bed slowly.He poured a glass of water and made Jungkook drink half of it."Are you alright now?".

Jungkook ignored tae's question as he fall back to the bed.

"Don't get embarassed just because your stomach was upset hyung".

"You're wrong.I am not embarassed!".

Tae cocked a brow challengingly as though Jungkook turn to opposite side."You know hyung, now you are the one acting like a kid! .A stupid kid infact!"

Jungkook glanced back at tae over his shoulder hearing the offensive words.He was surprised just to hear younger dissing him at his face.

"Don't be cruel towards a sick person, taehyung". Jungkook says , cringing at his own low retort.He was too tired to think anything or to dwell on why tae is speaking without respect.

Yet he became happy when he heard a laugh from behind.A melodies laugh just like taehyung's sweet voice.

"Why didn't you call me if you wants to go to toilet? I should had helped you?".

Jungkook ignored taehyung's questions pretending he is asleep.

Earlier younger was sleeping peacefully that Jungkook didn't felt the right to disturb him to ask help to go toilet.Also someway it seemed more of an intimate act to ask help for such things.

And tae was right.Jungkook was slightly embarrassed of seeking helps from tae.He knows he is old enough to take care of himself yet he has to depend on taehyung now. Wasn't it pretty shameful?? He didn't wanted to be a bother to tae yet here he is!

Jungkook heard a shuffling from beside, before his bed dip slightly making him to glance back curiously.Tae was lying down right beside him that Jungkook flinch away.

"What are doing?". Jungkook asks in surprise as though tae shrugs coolly.

"Sleeping?".

"Taehyung,Why are you sleeping with a patient? If you want to sleep ,go back to your room!". Jungkook half yelled in frustration.

"Hyung, just relax! You will make your condition worse like this!".Tae says with a edgy note. "I'm lying so far away from you.So I won't be sick.My spine is hurting so much from sleeping in that damn chair.So let me relax now".Tae says turning away from Jungkook to face the other side.He could still feel the intense stare on his back as he closed his eyes.

"But tae-". Jungkook starts convincing other.

"OH God! Stop the bullshit! ".

Jungkook settle back to the bed after those words.He sigh tiredly, leaving more space in between them.

Jungkook glance outside through the opened window after sometime.The beautiful moon can be see through the curtains that floating in the wind.

The moon remembered him of the night when he saw tae for the first time.The night that had changed his life to a new beginning.He slowly glanced back at tae who is facing opposite to him.

"Taehyung,are you asleep?".He mumbled softly,not wanting to disturb if tae is asleep.

"Why ?".

"Nothing!". Jungkook smiles showing his bunny smile."I was thinking of the night when we first met".

Jungkook continued as he heard a small hum from tae."It was one of a night like this, right?A bright full moon day infact!". Jungkook smile as he remembers the tiny details from memory.

"That night you appeared out of nowhere and stood staring at me like I'm your saviour.And then you called me hyung with a cheerful smile".He cleared his throat as he continued."I couldn't stop thinking of you for long then.That was the most unexpected days in my life".

Tae slowly turn around facing Jungkook with a smile.Jungkook eyes was drifting shut as he fight back with the sleep.

"I know hyung".Tae whisper softly, despite the otherwise emptiness in the room.

Jungkook place his hand above taehyung's hand, his eyes staring deep into younger.He gave a tight squeeze to the long slender finger they fit right into his hand.

"You are the most precious person to me,Yet I was cruel to you.I'm sorry.I'm really sorry taehyungie". Jungkook voice was rough and low.His eyes felt heavy as he tried to read taehyung's face. "You mean so much to me, tae.I really care about you.I always care about you. But I was wrong.Please-".

Jungkook's words were cut off by tae placing a his finger on his lips."Go back to sleep hyung".Tae smile ,his voice tremble with emotions."It was all in the past.So let's forget that.It was silly of me to shout at you when I was drunk".Tae says as he caresses Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook wanted to interrupt tae,there was so many things he wanted to tell him, something he needed to say.But the soft touch of that warm hand and the effect of pills were pushing him down into the mattress. Sleep pulled him back under to the sound of taehyung's soft voice...